Silly String ban in Los Angeles

You mean the rules are made up and they never work the same way twice? No wonder I have so much trouble formating these darn posts! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, what I’m understanding from this sign is that the annual Los Angeles Silly String-In begins promptly at 12:01 pm, November 1.

3 Likes

12:00am and 12:00pm are comletely ambiguous and useless designations. Noon and midnight are correct.

1 Like

The most amazing thing about that skit: Little kids would watch the entire thing. Makes you wonder if the Ralston cereals the Captain pushed contained sedatives to balance out the sugar content.

1 Like

I imagine the grocers’ apostrophes emigrated with the grocers from the old country. We have plenty of 'em still here.

12:00am is midnight and 12:00pm is noon. They are no more ambiguous than 12:05am (shortly after midnight) and 12:05pm (shortly after noon.)

/shrug Silly string was only fun up until it was reformulated to not be an improvised flamethrower.

Come 12:01 pm on November 1st, I expect Los Angeles will be blanketed (strung?) with Silly String.

I searched a bit for this and found one amusing article on how silly string was debated in Northern Ireland: http://fermanaghherald.com/2013/08/council-vote-yes-to-silly-string-ban/

OMG it’s not as if they even used the right fucking ones!

It’s " … " or “ … ” or OCCASIONALLY ”(but mirrored) … ” - NEVER “ … “

The second most amazing thing about that skit: adults keep paying to see Carrot Top do a cheap ripoff of the same thing.

So somebody silly-stringed the hell out of that sign this morning right? Get on that.

2 Likes

From that article - “There are other concerns as well. Flammability and it can cause frostbite and it can block sewers.”

Wtf I don’t even…

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.