Silver "Jellyfish" salt and pepper shaker set only $1470

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/09/16/silver-jellyfish-salt-and-pepper-shaker-set-only-1470.html

3 Likes

In the end "… slain, after all man’s devices had failed, by the humblest things that God, in his wisdom, has put upon this earth.” Seasoning.

2 Likes

Perfect for the next time you want to both scratch up your tabletop and spill salt and pepper out of these tipsy, top-heavy doodads!

1 Like

I kind of prefer these.

Only $2,240.00 at “Asprey of London” whatever that might be
helpfully,

The salt shaker is gilded with 24ct gold in order to prevent corrosion from the salt.

which both makes sense, and makes other silver salt shakers seem miserly in comparison. A win win.

5 Likes

They must be from the Asprey’s Basics range

These really couldn’t be made out of aluminum foil. It’s worth trying, because making things out of foil is an interesting craft practice. But people do work in silver that you don’t see in any other niche, and I’m glad there are ways they can make a living doing it. Not that most Asprey & Garrard tat has been within 50 feet of an artesan. But I think these jellies are pretty good, and if they’re being sold by and to crass pigs, well that’s a shame but it’s not the work’s fault.

2 Likes

I would see myself picking them up and standing them upright again 20 times a day, because cats.

5 Likes

Sure, but that goes for everything you leave out, right?

3 Likes

I choose things that are bottom-heavy, instead of the opposite. Like my drinking mugs. :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.