Simone Giertz is a “DIY astronaut”

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/13/simone-giertz-astronaut.html

5 Likes

That’s great.

5 Likes

Girls / Women are awesome. I’m married to one, so I should know.

7 Likes

Now I want to see a reboot of the TV series Salvage 1 with Simone Giertz.

5 Likes
  1. Dammit! I wish I had a daughter to show stuff like this to.

2. Nerd swoon. She’s adorbs.

3 Likes

Said it before, but must say it again: Simone Giertz is a treasure.

5 Likes

She is most definitely not a contemporary Rube Goldberg.

1 Like

I came here to see the inevitable shit talking about Simone and, for once, I did not have my expectations fulfilled.

6 Likes

Turned my 13 year-old daughter on to her a while back. It’s one of the few channels she’s actually subscribed to!

1 Like

second the 'nerdswoon"

we MUST begin glorifying Science and Exploration - not reality tv BS and Drama

go Simone!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You realize this is BoingBoing, right?

Yep. You think these threads aren’t full of shit talking about people doing cool things? Are you new?

6 Likes

Wait, we have about 5 more days to go before the thread closes!

7 Likes

This makes me want to trolley post so hard, but I’ll let someone else be the reason why we can’t have nice things this time.

Seriously: The lady in the video is doing a thing that engages with both the fantasy and reality of space travel. I hadn’t even thought to do this, but she got off her ass and actually did it. I like space, except for the lack of oxygen and high levels of radiation, so I’m into this.

3 Likes

If only I was 40 years younger… :heart_eyes:

BTW, who isn’t reminded of the “Space Sphere” from Portal 2?

This reminds me of Tom Sachs’ “Space Program 2.0” with a plywood and duct taped mission to Mars. You can probably download “Space Program 1.0” on Youtube, but 2.0 was even better.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.