Simone Giertz tries to crush various things in an artificial uterus she made

Originally published at: Simone Giertz tries to crush various things in an artificial uterus she made | Boing Boing

6 Likes

tumblr_e376fb2477c340b80ae4ad09990f6262_87ef0dc9_500

8 Likes

8 Likes

[hauls out abacus (Napier’s bones are in the wash)] (2.3+14.696)/14.696 → 1.1565 so, if that 2.3lbs/sqin uterus pressure is correct, (seems a bit low to me as compared to the hand grip used to pump up the apparatus, (or my ex’s cramps)), that’s only 16% more pressure than atmospheric. So not too much deformation-al change potential - as was pretty much confirmed. Still, she made me giggle - so thankee. (“But what if the cramps were being suffered at the top of Mt. Everest?”)

1 Like

Reminder… if someone calls you a pussy, you should consider it a compliment…

12 Likes

473b59c534712e5f15cd37ccfab8e514

11 Likes

Simone is truly a treasure. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

the Texas GOP are apparently experts in womens’ health. ask them

6 Likes

I was trying to find out what 2.3 psi feels like, beyond just a blood pressure gauge tank, and found this: Orders of magnitude (pressure) - Wikipedia

Most women would probably say that cramps feel more like a punch than someone blowing a trumpet.

I’d argue it’s more like someone squeezing your uterus…

3 Likes

Simone has way too much fun squishing stuff with her uterus (machine).

… just kidding, Simone can do no wrong.

… or, wrong stuff all the time that she lets us watch.

4 Likes

The actual pressure isn’t all that instructive because 2.3psi applied to your hand would barely register, whereas it’s a lot of pressure to apply to an eyeball (for example). So who knows what it would be like to apply 2.3psi to various internal organs.

Anyway, I feel like she missed a trick by not testing this on something like a guinea pig.

2 Likes

“I think I expected a uterus to have a little more destructive power”…

she’s fantastic.

5 Likes

The Play-Doh version of herself turned into Frank Sidebottom under pressure. There’s probably a metaphor in there somewhere.

1 Like

I do not have a uterus, and I approve of this message.

A pregnancy test will work, but would sometimes give a false negative.

2 Likes

BlondShockedHalicore-max-1mb

2 Likes

Simone Giertz, aka “the Queen of Shitty Robots,”

More accurately, The Maker Formerly Known as the Queen of Shitty Robots

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.