Sinclair Broadcasting aired a follow-up to the debunked "Plandemic" conspiracy theory

This is all that was needed to know that the woman is a total crackpot. Klayman doesn’t work for sane clients. It’s kind of impressive that he’s managed to keep his license this long, if you look over his case history.

2 Likes

If you think we’re on to “full fascist” at this point, let me introduce you to some historical information regarding Russia, China, North Korea, Peru, Argentina, Iran, Cambodia, etc…

I know you were making a point (I think?) but I think there is a lot of danger in “crying wolf” when it comes to using this f-word. Reasonable warnings, good. Crying wolf, dangerous, for us.

“Oh, you’ve been crying fascism for the past 5 years, and nobody cared…”

“But now people are literally disappearing, en masse… minorities, intellectuals…”

“WAY TO CRY WOLF.”

I think some things you really, really gotta keep in your back pocket, so if you really really need to break them out, they actually have maximal impact. Desensitizing people to “fascism” that isn’t really fascism is not something in our interest, IMHO.

At this point I’m seeing the people who study fascism saying, “Oh, you’re not ‘heading towards’ fascism. You’re there now.” It’s not “crying wolf” when there’s a fucking wolf outside. You don’t “keep it in your back pocket” until after the wolf has eaten the sheep. It’s no longer a hypothetical future event. We’re there, it’s happening. If we don’t acknowledge what’s going on right now, it’s too late. The federal law enforcement officers being sent across the country to inflame cities, that’s Trump’s Reichstag fire, and he’s holding the match in full view.

10 Likes

There was a documented phenomenon in post-WWII Germany that a small number of Germans who supported the war effort to the bitter end, even when shown the concentration camps and mass graves, denied that reality. They said it was faked; that the Allies had built the camps and loaded the graves with the bodies of German soldiers, etc.

5 Likes

queen-elizabeth-this

There are still people today who deny that ethnic cleansing happened in the Yugoslav wars, too… :woman_shrugging: It’s depressing that people can’t see what is right in front of their eyes.

6 Likes

See Also https://boingboing.net/2018/04/01/watch-countless-american-news.html

1 Like

A famously punched Nazi is or was on the board of the “Foundation for the Marketplace of Ideas”.

People such as white supremacists often exploit the MOI concept as both a defense against “censorship” and to provide an entry point for others to accept their ideas. Richard Spencer, a prominent white nationalist, is on the board of directors on an organization called Foundation for the Marketplace of Ideas (FMI). The executive director of FMI is Kyle Bristow, a man that the Institute for Research & Education on Human Rights (IREHR) claims promotes theories about white genocide, discrimination against European Americans, invited white nationalist speakers while he was a student at Michigan State, and organized numerous bigoted publicity stunts, including “Catch an Illegal Immigrant Day” (cancelled), a “straight power” rally, and a “Koran desecration contest”’ (among many other things).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.