Singing pills PSA from the '80s

Originally published at: Singing pills PSA from the '80s | Boing Boing

1 Like

Always loved this one! Another good one, though possibly a local commercial from the 80’s was for “Ondioline! The Space-age Roofing Material!”

Maybe if we’re lucky Busta Rhymes will “accidentally” use the lyrics or samples from that commercial too!

2 Likes

2 Likes
4 Likes

no mention of Busta Rhymes using this? Busta Rhymes - Dangerous (Official Video) [Explicit] - YouTube

1 Like

Busta has given these PSAs credit through the years for the inspiration of “Dangerous”

p.s. if you put the link on its own line, it embeds the video

1 Like

Hmm… I dunno. ‘Don’t eat us, we’re not candy’ sounds like just the kinda trick singing candy would try to pull.

3 Likes

I remember thinking when I’d see this on WPIX that the people who made this were probably on some kind of drugs.

1 Like

Such a great song. I would stay up at night singing that song to myself. In retrospect, it might have been the candy.

1 Like

Oh well, I found the other commercial I was looking for, but I guess it fits the category of “rosy retrospection”, and it was from the 90’s, not the 80’s…

15 minutes in or so…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.