Single-use disposable toilets now available at Canadian rock climbing parks

Originally published at: Single-use disposable toilets now available at Canadian rock climbing parks | Boing Boing

3 Likes

There is a company distributing these in several countries because many people there have no access to any kind of toilet facility.
http://www.peepoople.com/

6 Likes

I thought this was what Dump Pouches were for :grimacing:

dump-pouch

4 Likes

“Single use disposable toilets” already exist, I refer to them as “underwear.”

10 Likes

I found this comment dangerously funny; maybe it needs to be blurred :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I just laughed so hard I bent my Wookiee!

2 Likes

There are two kinds of graphic designers in the world: those for whom designing the pooping stick figure for the sign would be the worst day in their professional careers, and those for whom that would be the best.

(I’m not a graphic designer, but if I were, I’d be in the “best” camp.)

5 Likes
2 Likes

I have a story. And I will never tell it.

2 Likes

Kitty litter in a brown paper bag, inside a ziploc. That was the disposable toilet of choice when I was climbing. Easier to remove the plastic and dispose of the biohazard in a pit toilet.

1 Like

I think you just kinda did, but you can keep the details quiet if you want.

4 Likes

This is legit. There are few nearby public toilets and the place gets overrun with boulderers on the weekends. Lots of pooping going on.

1 Like

Ephemera:

Is Virgin River somehow related to Squamish? Yes! The restaurant is right next to the eagle viewing area IRL!

One of my kids reached up to a craggy Squamish handhold and found a bat. Both parties were a bit surprised.

The “Crack of Destiny” has been conquered by a monk/priest. Ref within the CBC link.

Stawamus Chief is a Provincial Park, not a National one. Closest National Park is the Gulf Islands, not known for its climbing.

The headline reads weird to Canadians. As do most BB headlines referencing Canada when the story is about a specific place and not really applicable to the ROC.

4 Likes

Turn them inside out for a second use.

4 Likes

Let me get this straight: plastic bags are better for the environment than digging a hole in the dirt and squatting?

And then backwards for a third.

1 Like

What do the bears use?

Pine cones.

Both very useful ideas. I am learning so much here. Thanks.

1 Like

The terrain in question is very rocky, and even lightweight folding shovels are more cumbersome than most rock climbers want to deal with.

1 Like