Open-air urinal facing tourist boats in Paris not welcome by all

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/15/open-air-urinal-facing-cruisin.html

4 Likes

Well, at least the worst problem isn’t shirtless men anymore…

5 Likes

The point is that men were pissing on the ground or in the planters, also in full view of tourists.

I had a chance last year to try an outdoor uritrottoir in that area when the conventional bathrooms were occupied. When I got past my self-consciousness, it felt unexpectedly civilized.

17 Likes

Looks like Paris can’t afford portapotties…

1 Like

Maintenant nous ressemblons au garçon de pisse.

3 Likes

That design doesn’t look very accommodating for short people. Or people who don’t have penises, for that matter.

11 Likes

OK, I have seen homeless guys do that here in the US, they typically unzip while digging through a trash can for bottles, an just pee onto the side of trash can (the public ones housed in a metal cage are perfect for this technique.)

2 Likes

“Oh honey! Isn’t this cruise sooo romantic?”
“Wait!”
“WTF Is that man pissing at us? Why is he smiling?”

2 Likes

I’m very glad you put the ‘r’ in shirtless.

4 Likes

I guess they just assume that women aren’t ‘uncivil’ enough to go peeing on the street… an unwise assumption to make considering that there are no absolutes when it comes to human behavior.

12 Likes

Women could use one of these…

8 Likes

Non oui, oui!

2 Likes

But some residents have complained that the bright red boxes are a blight on the picturesque streets of the city.

Perhaps if they were mauve, or a shade of umber.

7 Likes

Back before Gavin McInnes was a shameless racist (well, maybe he was then too, but he at least hid it then), he made a great video about this:

Doesn’t ‘FUD’ also mean fear, uncertainty and doubt?

3 Likes

If I were three sheets to the wind and desperate for a slash then I’d use one, otherwise I think I would be too self-conscious.

1 Like

Don’t know if I’m disgusted or impressed by his techniques.

The tourists on those boats are really pissoired off.

1 Like

Yeah, something to go with the inevitable corrosion from mis-aimed members.

1 Like

“Urinal-ot of trouble!”

1 Like