Siri embarrasses a woman by sending a text to her crush

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/19/siri-embarrasses-a-woman-by-se.html

3 Likes

On the list of irritating cruft that must be shut off after each iOS update, Siri is highest.

7 Likes

“Smart”…? Siri is dumb as a rock; stop attempting to elevate elaborate ELIZAbots to sentience, please.

Eh, this works out in her favor ultimately. It’s better to just say something if you are crushing on someone. Either it’s reciprocated, or you can move that crush energy somewhere more productive.

3 Likes

The Bene Gesserit has a lot of work to do between now at the late 102nd century and they can’t just rely on generations of Shadchans to make this happen.

1 Like

“Siri, should I be concerned that I might have given Kevin genital warts? NO DON’T TELL KEVIN OH JESUS”

9 Likes

Nothing to be ashamed of, some relationships get bumpy…

8 Likes

There’s always the chance that 30 years later they’ll be telling their kids the funny story of how they got hooked up. :rofl:

1 Like

Siri, tell grant that I-might-like-him-if-he-likes-me-so-does-he-like-me?

2 Likes

best option: never update

when will they make a good Dune adaptation

Well that scraps the plan to replace Hawaii’s emergency broadcast system with Siri…

2 Likes

Siri needs a restraining order.

1 Like

There was a website a long time ago which let you put in the name of your crush, and your name, and if there was a mutual match you’d get a notification (otherwise not). Near as I can tell, it’s long gone.

Too bad, really. I bet scripting a wordlist attack would be very amusing.

1 Like

At least the missile launch system has a good old fashioned big red button. Clearly marked so as not to be confused with
http://www.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/6a00d83451af0469e201901ea847e1970b-500wi.jpg

3 Likes

I must say I’m getting a bit annoyed about misleading clickbait headlines. Siri didn’t send a text - it (a simple bot) misinterpreted her voice, proposed a text, and she clicked yes (yes, I know it was accidental, but it didn’t exactly act on its own). These were her actions - not some actions by Siri - that caused the issue. Let’s keep the clickbait headlines for other websites please…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.