Six cases of measles confirmed in Tennessee outbreak. It was eradicated in the U.S. in 2000

I agree with everything up to this point, but families are a lot more than this. It isn’t some client-service provider relationship; its about all of us. My kids have responsibilities too, and we have rights that help us to perform our responsibilities as parents better. There are limits and rights exist within a range of acceptable options, but that doesn’t negate the basic relationship between parents and children. Parental responsibilities also exist within reasonable limits, and they can be taken or given away, reduced, delegated etc.

2 Likes

And at least one jury agrees with that. Believing in the woo does cause harm.

5 Likes

What’s “Christian extremism” exactly? I’m a Christian, and I am closely involved with many other Christians and Christian groups, and there’s no talk of refusing vaccines. Those “extremists” are likely not true Christians, so please don’t lump all “religious folks” in there with them. The vast majority of Christians know that vaccines work and have no Bible-based issues against them.

7 Likes

The apologists for these nut-jobs make my blood boil. I might have to visit my aromatherapist.

7 Likes

You clearly didn’t have the same PE teachers as me.

3 Likes

Are you Scottish too, by any chance?

7 Likes

I bet they aren’t true Scotsmen either but they sure seem to represent themselves as Christians to the rest of us and in the laws they get passed.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.