Skateboarder impresses with bonkers trick: Watch

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/08/skateboarder-impresses-with-bo.html

12 Likes

That’s pretty fly.

8 Likes
10 Likes

It’s cool, for sure I couldn’t do it, and yet it’s hard to believe that no one has done that before.

3 Likes

Yeah I think that’s just B+down buttons. He should have gone into a manual to keep the combo going.

21 Likes

That trick is called the “Impossible,” and it’s much harder than spinning the board horizontally in either direction, thanks to a physics principle called the Intermediate Axis Theorem. You can try it using your phone. This is all from a great video by Physics Girl here: https://youtu.be/yFRPhi0jhGc

16 Likes

I think my kids were doing those tricks when they were 15 in 93’. Not really but they were pretty good and they still skate in their mid-late thirties. Who is the band playing the song? Anybody know?

1 Like

For a white guy…

4 Likes

I would have just pulled up straight and down a spin down. That would be rad.

1 Like

It would be cool.

1 Like

I am an old man and got that reference, meu jovem.

1 Like

yesterday I saw 3 kids proceeding single-file down a paved walkway at a steady 4.5 mph, helmets on, effortlessly riding their hoverboards. The world of Wall-E is nigh. Pathetic.

1 Like

Big deal. If it had been a goat instead of a skateboard, I would be impressed.

2 Likes

Well, you could use a simulator to see the feasibility of this antics.

1 Like

2014? Old goat, bro.

I think it is time to release a radical new version!

2 Likes

yeah, this is on the Thrasher insta and has 5 times more hits than anything else because he’s doing a 20 year old trick. No.
@JeffreyHayner prior to this, every impossible spins like a backflip: you mash the tail down for the ollie then keep that momentum going and let the nose go vertical and then backwards all the way around:

What Pilz is doing is throwing the nose forward into a flip, which requires like twice the amount of ups, which is why he’s using the ramp rather than ollie-ing.

also lol at all those groms flipping out at the park

6 Likes

Pollie Late Impossible.

First he has to grind up the angled round pole and pop out (pollie) rather than drop off, a hard trick on it’s own.
The board doesn’t start rotating till it’s flattened at the peak of the pollie, that’s the late part. See also “late shove-it”.
Then we have the Impossible part, he nails a pretty nice wrap around his foot without too much sideways spin. A proper Impossible.

People are freaking out about this because it’s totally ridiculous and has probably never been done before.

7 Likes

Crazy, right? He slowed down time with that trick! So who was moving close to the speed of light? The skater or the person filming?

2 Likes

I drew blood last night watching a kerb stone go positive to negative