Street skateboarder lands an incredible 360 degree loop-de-loop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/03/street-skateboarder-lands-an-i.html

3 Likes

The city hall architect will be please to see someone finally manage to use his loop design the right way.

7 Likes

Incredible persistence in the second video. Amazing watching failure after failure after failure…

12 Likes

Grab a camera and follow me around some day.

28 Likes

I’m just here for the old timey loop-de-loop no malarkey-ness of this post.

4 Likes

The greatest teacher, failure is.

6 Likes

This. This is premium BoingBoing content, right here. Thank you.

4 Likes

I can’t believe it took him over 6 minutes to figure that out. I had to fast forward through most of it.

1 Like
2 Likes

12 Likes

So like… why does a skate park have a loop-de-doo, if it’s a newsworthy event that someone managed to successfully use it even once?

4 Likes

He should have worn a helmet. With cam.

1 Like

Ha. I was gonna make the joke ‘but isn’t he the one that doesn’t talk’ thinking that the quote was Edward Teller. Clicked over to confirm but sure enough… :slightly_smiling_face:

If you watch the second video, you’ll see it isn’t a skatepark but a playground somewhere in Barcelona.
So that loop is one of those contraptions parents find on playgrounds and wonder who the fuck designed
this.
They either end up getting used by callisthenics practitioners for whatever gravity defying exercise they come up with or once in a while a Swedish tourist uses it for a never seen before new skate trick.

3 Likes

He’s no Bob Burnquist, but it’ll do.

5 Likes

Then again, how many of us truly are Bob Burnquist?

1 Like

Boarder: I can totally do this.

Gravity: The fuck you can. Go ahead. Try.

Boarder: Yo swingset. Hold my beer. I got this.

<—nails it

Gravity: No way. You actually beat me. Nice job. golf claps

The perseverance is awesome. Made me think of throwaway comments people make about golfers winning multi-million $ stakes like, “I’d love to earn $2 million for 4 days work,” conveniently ignoring the thousands of hours of practice, including even after rounds during the event.

4 Likes

I never thought I would ever see the return of Big Pants.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.