Slack's new logo is a penis swastika

That has to be the most disgusting “Why not both?” meme ever.

Just look at the centre of the original logo, if you think people are imaging things you’re probably not as visually literate as you imagine. People going through complicated lengths to explain away what is clearly visible is probably what leads to so many accidental swastikas in the first place. Like this one: https://goo.gl/images/1sFrjp

2 Likes

My favourite accidental swastika is the 1992-3 Fiorentina away shirt

Fiorentina fans have a reputation for being left leaning, so it didn’t go down well. It lasted one game before being redesigned and the originals destroyed.

4 Likes

When they were surprised at the response, they switched to the goatse version.

3 Likes

I remember seeing a giant billboard with the logo on the left when I was in Toronto playing in the Skydome. I was like - what the fuck?

So… it’s literally just the Google Photos logo turned 180º and made into bubbles?

9 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t know that they had any presence in Toronto.

Me neither! This was like 1998 or 1999. I think I went home and looked them up and walked away with “weird alien cult”.

It’s unmistakably the City of Montreal logo, is what it is. Four little hearts.
mtl

I think it was John Oliver or Trevor Noah who said the Confederate flag is pretty stylin’ from a design point of view?

2 Likes

Is there an actual Unicode swastika?

Jesus, I guess so. I’m just going to borrow this from another thread:
giphy https://global.discourse-cdn.com/boingboing/original/4X/8/7/b/87b7be8e7e2cd932affe5449dba69dc16e30d721.gif

Because unicode is, you know, supposed to be universal, not just western, and meany eastern cultures use it as part of their religion.

5 Likes

Oh, right, that’s the “lefty-lucky” version, isn’t it? Honestly, I wasn’t aware of that distinction until today.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, the right facing one is also part of eastern religions. If you want to be pedantic only one rotated 45 degrees is a Nazi swastika.

4 Likes

There are plenty of left wing antidotes in unicode.

:rose:Ⓐ⚑☭

5 Likes

you usually feel it before you see it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i quite liked their old logo. it was beautiful and distinctive and immediatly recognizable. Hashtags are used in most msg apps, the relevance is more appropriate and widely known now days than it ever was back in the IRC heyday. #stillused

Wow. I’m almost impressed. That logo isn’t messing around.

Must have been a lot of jews on that design committee. \s

2 Likes

That may be the best decision you have made today

2 Likes

There. I fixed it for you. :wink:

2 Likes

Even the reverse facing one was considered lucky and a popular art deco motif, even in the US, until the 30s. Several Native American tribes used it, as well as several brands as a logo or for good fortune. I have a screw driver with one on it, but it was made in the early 1900s. It was also a Christian cross and found in a variety of forms across many cultures and one of the oldest symbols out there. But then the Nazis ruined it.

But the left facing one is still common in Asia.

1 Like

Again, I agree. As a kid, before I knew any history of the Civil War, I thought the CSA flag looked a lot better than the USA flag, which seemed like it was designed-by-committee (and I guess was, more or less.)

Are those hearts, or butts?

2 Likes

I know it makes me a bad American (and I don’t care) but to be honest, damn near every flag is aesthetically better than the USA flag.

2 Likes