Slack's new logo is a penis swastika

No matter how hard you try to fix stuff or try your kitchen psychology on others, from now on, every time you sink your teeth in a big juicy hamburger, you will think of a big yellow lardy McDonald’s ass logo.

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

I probably wouldn’t have seen it if some pervazoid hadn’t pointed it out. I also wouldn’t have seen the swastika if someone hadn’t selectively edited the white space.

Ultimately it’s just another bland and bad tech logo that doesn’t convey anything about the company or product. It’s Airbnb all over again.

3 Likes

Does not pass the Mix-a-lot Test.

6 Likes

Very much looking forward to being surprised. Can hardly wait!

1 Like

I like Big Macs and I just can’t lie
You Whopper lovers can’t deny

10 Likes

I guess they’ll have to rename themselves “turgid.”

1 Like

Oh, no. No thank you. /shudder

1 Like

I mean, extreme bullet bra at best.

3 Likes

#nice

Yeahhh, well the problem with that is that people have trouble recalling that. I know I did before I read the post.

Not much length to it either, more of a cube really.

1 Like

I will probably get shit for this but I like the swastika, from a design point of view. Fucking Nazis ruined a perfectly good symbol. That said, the Slack logo is pretty bad, swastika or not.

4 Likes

I think the new Slack logo is ok but just super generic. I’ve seen very very similar logos from lots of companies over the years. You’d figure Slack would want something less generic, if i saw that logo out of context i would never guess it was for them.

I’m still trying to figure out how to feel about it, but I don’t think Slack has anything to worry about, here. You’ve got to look real hard for it to bear any resemblance, even if you render it in black.

I was talking to my wife, who went to school for design, about this and she thinks it’s bad because it doesn’t convey anything about Slack. She wasn’t particularly enamored with the previous logo either because she isn’t enough of a geek to draw the line from the hash symbol to channels and back to IRC. Her opinion is that they should have gone with a hash symbol made of some sort of connector to indicate the way Slack lets you connect with your teams. I think she has a point.

6 Likes

The blog post for why they changed the logo is actually not bad. TL:DR- it was too complicated for people to get right.

That doesn’t mean they should have went with four geometric phalli, but still, their heart was in the right place.

3 Likes

I agree with both these sentiments. Some of those other examples of hash-based logos look better than the one they chose. I also think organizations have to stop using rainbow colors all the time, or at least avoid it.

8 Likes

Holy shit, it does look like platform soles. Now I want to see some trash rock band clean the look up a bit and use it as their logo. Lords of Acid, maybe?

1 Like

Considering that you didn’t spell that word as “fraught,” I’m not going to be looking that term up; I don’t need to be one of today’s “lucky 10K.”

9 Likes

One might say these are only dicks in the abstract.

On the other hand, an optimist would say the penis is half full? I guess?