Sleep like a baby panda in these ultra-soft bamboo sheets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/10/sleep-like-a-baby-panda-in-the.html

Well, I’m wearing bamboo (fibre) socks right now and they are very comfy.

5 Likes

Well, I for one, certainly don’t have a queen or king sized bed. That would take up pratically ALL the room in the bed area.

4 Likes

Buying these would be a bamboo-boo.

1 Like

Dont get bamboo-zled!

3 Likes

Wait, wouldn’t that be like us having sheets made of cheerios?

1 Like

If you are concerned about microplastics in the environment, avoid this product.

6 Likes

Funnily enough, so am I - though I cannot recall the %ge of bamboo in them, but do recall being vaguely disappointed that it seemed a rather low one.

2 Likes

And no splinters yet? That’s amazing.

2 Likes

But pandas keep following me around wherever I go

3 Likes

Just a little one.

1 Like

Oh?
Apparently one cannot be succinct in asking for clarification on boingboing. So… can you expand on the connection between these sheets and microplastics in the environment, please?

(how’s that for a 9-character minimum, you inflexible robotic overlord?)

1 Like

I think they are referring to the fact that these “bamboo” sheets are actually 60% microfiber (which is usually polyester.)

1 Like

From the specs:

> Color: grey
> Size: queen
> Material: 60% high-quality 90gsm microfiber and 40% bamboo fiber

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks for the correction. I read it twice and still missed it.

That’s a shame. My sheets are a mix of bamboo and cotton.

1 Like

But it’s high quality microfibre so all is cool in Pollutaville

1 Like

Sounds like BS to me. “Microfiber” doesn’t tell us what the fiber is made out of. And sheets that claim to be “bamboo” are typically nothing of the sort but are actually synthetic rayon. I’d be very surprised if these sheets were actually 40% mechanically separated bamboo fiber - possible, but it’s something that would need to have some sort of trusted provenance, which is not what I feel one gets from the random assortment of fly-by-night discount vendors that sell through StackSocial, which runs the “BoingBoing” Store. The sheets could still be a good deal, but I’m gonna stick with cotton for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.