Sleeping fish may help us understand why we snooze

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/10/sleeping-fish-may-help-us-unde.html

2 Likes

I fantasize about a biological quirk where I don’t need sleep, or maybe just need an hour a day to feel completely rested. This would give me time to do all the things I never have time for. . . like watching all these new TV series’ on Netflix/Showtime/HBO.

Pretty sure fish sleep to dream.

ETA - Warning possible pun overload.

2 Likes

I’ve just awoken from my post lunch nap, refreshed and ready to take on the World, maybe even the Universe.

2 Likes

My post lunch nap today went an hour into overtime (thank you BBQ ribs). Living close to work has its perks.

2 Likes

Sleepy Fish, good name for a band.

1 Like

Dang, I have to rely on the janitor closet that hasn’t seen a janitor in 3 decades. One must make carry on though…

1 Like

I just moved close to work about a month ago. Being able to walk home for lunch is really nice.

In the past I had an office with a door and kept a blanket, pillow and yoga mat for naps. Also, at another time when I worked in an open space office I put a nice mattress in the back of the Honda Element I had at the time for naps.

I like mid day naps as much as I hate going to sleep at night.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.