"Nap Box" for sleeping upright at the office

Originally published at: "Nap Box" for sleeping upright at the office | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s called a coffin.

Also

9 Likes

(a) Why not let them nap horizontally? (the closest packing equations work exactly the same, cf: space-liner scene from The Fifth Element) (ii) There are air-holes punched somewhere in this sar-cough-agus somewhere, yes?

8 Likes

It looks like you’d come out with fly DNA.

14 Likes

14 Likes

I still want one of those Costanza sleeping-desks.

F$%king genius.

9 Likes

Came here for this.

4 Likes

Uh, yeah, napping is awesome, even for people with “normal” work schedules. Of course, a much simpler answer for a LOT of these people is probably to LET THEM WORK FROM HOME. I’d rather go into a “work box” in my house, and have my napping be in my personal space (also eating, going to the bathroom, taking a stretch/exercise break, going outside, saying hi to my kids, etc…)

9 Likes

Tch. Pros can sleep standing up. Top pros with their eyes open.

5 Likes

Bah! Clearly it’s just a rebranded version of Wilhelm Reich’s Orgone Energy Accumulator.

11 Likes

Here’s a video with one or two more rendered images that didn’t satisfy my curiosity one bit.

Still want to try one.

edit: Since the head rest looks like it’s against the door, maybe you could open one and find someone tumbling into your arms in sleepy confusion? Sounds like a scene from a weird romcom

6 Likes

I am reasonably sure that is an extra large Weber Smokey Mountain smoker.

10 Likes

I was reading the accounts of a Japanese game developer who talked about the years he spent at work, going home once a week to get fresh clothes but otherwise sleeping in his office chair in front of his computer. Something like this would be a big step up with real utility value…

3 Likes

“It’s better to sleep in a comfortable location.”

This is not that.

And they mean position, not location. It may be comfortable for standing and it may be a location for sleeping but it aint for sleeping in any vaguely comfortable position.

1 Like

For smoking long pigs?

Pro Tip: Give the building engineer a carton of cigs and set up a hammock in a mechanical room.

3 Likes

When harnessing one’s laziness can lead to innovations. The History of Mankind.

1 Like

4 Likes

Somehow I pictured the future of travel to be horizontal like The Fifth Element,

but looking at this “Nap Box”, I can’t help but to feel that it could be reconfigured to work in conjunction with a Star Wars MTT (Multi Troop Transporter) Battle Droid Platoon Attack Craft rack for more efficient use of resources:

1 Like

Careful, I think your corporate business manager side is coming out.

1 Like

I know, right?!? Believe me, IMMA hate it when this comes true, but if they put me to sleep safely it’ll be like time warping from place to place so it might be worth it with skyrocketing travel costs. I just wish they could combine this with the gel landing system from Final Fantasy and shoot me directly into my desired car rental pickup location:

1 Like