SlideRider instantly turns your stairs into an indoor slide

[Permalink]

So how do you get back up to do it again?

4 Likes

Well, this explains some upstairs neighbors Iā€™ve had.

2 Likes

Like lawn darts, I fear this product is not long for this world.
On a side note, did you know that a lawn dart could penetrate an overhead power line with no apparent catastrophe? Just donā€™t pull it outā€¦

Iā€™m a little worried about the apparent lack of curve at the bottom. Thatā€™s quite a spine cracker

2 Likes

Hmph. Another bright idea destined for the great pacific garbage patch.

Why in my dayā€¦we would throw all household pillows to the landing then slide down on the largest available cushion. Yeah we got bumps and splinters and we liked it.

Plastics: the cause of and solution to all of our problems.

Needless to say: if I had a lawn, and you happened to be standing on itā€¦I would ask you to leave.

Itā€™s also educational, learn how to navigate the health care and judicial systems!

2 Likes

ā€˜What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairsā€¦ā€™

2 Likes

When my grandparentsā€™ house was being built, the story goes, the construction crew laid a plank along the side of the stairs down to the finished basement ā€“ they used it to slide tools and materials down to one another. My dad and his siblings discovered the plankā€™s true purpose, of course, and it became a permanent fixture that two subsequent generations enjoyed without incident, despite the hard corner (our legs always absorbed our momentum) and the wall that was 4 feet ahead at the landing.

To this day I donā€™t understand why anyone would want a staircase without a built-in slide.

1 Like
1 Like

haha, sounds like my family. :slight_smile:

my brother and I would throw a pillow into a plastic laundry basked and climb in and push off, woosh, down the stairs weā€™d go.

you very quickly learned the perfect amount of backward leaning:

• too much and youā€™d thump down every step, you wanted the flat bottom the same angle as the stairs for a smooth ride.
  • too little and the front edge would catch on the next step and youā€™d be sent flying headfirst

iā€™d be lying if I said this was even remotely close to the most dangerous stuff we tried, looking back Iā€™m surprised we both survived into adulthood.

I will leave people with one last piece of advice thoughā€¦rolling down a hill in a tractor tire is not as fun as you might imagine it to be.

:slight_smile: this is why iā€™m glad i have two girlsā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m fairly certain that would be my standard way to exit the building!

Me and my sister used to take our own mattresses from our beds, cover the stairs with them and slided/fell down the stairs for half a day. Maybe we differed from boys in the sense that we asked for permission first (from my mom, she always said yes).

2 Likes

floor wax and pillowcases.

1 Like

awesome. yes you differed from boys, a bit smarter both in getting permission and padding the bumpy dangerous parts. :slight_smile: great now i kinda want to grab my kids mattresses and spend the day stairs tobogganing while they are at school. haha.

although to be fair, i doubt my parents would have said yes, we werenā€™t even allowed to jump on the beds or lean back in our chairs ā€œbecause weā€™d break themā€. the one exception being hotel beds, because i guess they didnā€™t care if we broke the beds in a hotel room. lol.

I actually did manage to break the welds on a chair at school by leaning back over and over. The chair got put at the back of the classroom until someone visiting from the school board tried sitting on it. The next time he visited, they put it in the lobby for him with a sign that simply said ā€œThe Chairā€.

1 Like

We used to put the duvet and pillows at the bottom of the stairs and then jump from the stairs to the bottom (working up from the first step until maybe halfway), which, thinking back, seems not to be a good idea.

We also slid down the stairs inside a pop up play tent.

This has always been my dream stairsā€¦

4 Likes

Not as fun, but if I ever build a house Iā€™m totally putting one of these in.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I just saved you sixty bucks.

5 Likes