Evacuation slide falls from United flight and lands in a backyard, caught on camera (video)

Originally published at: Evacuation slide falls from United flight and lands in a backyard, caught on camera (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Do the people on whom it fell get to keep it? Right of salvage, right?

2 Likes

“You can have it back if you stop flying over our home.”

2 Likes

You learn something new every day. I always thought slides were installed on the inside of the doors and could only be deployed once the cabin door was opened. Today I learned that some planes install them in an external compartment. Go figure…

5 Likes

That first video sure is lucky. It’s kind of amazing that some rando was pointing a camera at literally empty sky at the right moment to catch that. It’s not security footage- the camera is shaking and focus-hunting. It’s handheld, yet there’s nothing out there to look at. Maybe a kid filming the planes taking off with their phone?

1 Like

I believe that was just someone hand-filming a security system screen. (who didn’t have access or didn’t want to bother with getting video files off the system)

6 Likes

If they could fully extend it, the neighborhood kids would love it!

1 Like

I didn’t see squat floating out of the sky even extended all the way out

1 Like

Ooooh, thanks for that. That makes way more sense.

Or, as Foxnews reported, “United Airlines bombs a suburban Chicago neighborhood.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.