Slime Tango: an inverse tug-of-war, played with blobs of slime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/03/add-more-glue.html

1 Like

The cello is never “optional”.

8 Likes

It doesn’t look like “slime” to me.

Is this something like Brits calling cookies “biscuits”, and they’re calling taffy “slime”?

2 Likes

I dunno. The old “Slime Tango” would be a great euphemism for … something? It seems kinda wasted on the literal.

2 Likes

The Brits have form on tango. Maybe not quite as much as the Finns, but it’s not a competition.

2 Likes

Anyway, don’t underestimate slime.

2 Likes

Why not both?

2 Likes

Me neither, but it does look like that putty which is a non-newtonian fluid.

41Hz9yI32YL

2 Likes

New? I think not. Kind of. I saw an example of this in the 90s, while standing in a sporting goods store checkout line. A toddler – unbeknownst to his mom, also in the line – had wandered over to a leg workout machine. Once there, he sort of planted his face onto foam padding that was fitted on the machine, and chewed on the foam. His brow wrinkled in confusion. I notified his mom of what was going on, then she ran over to her child. As she pulled him off, an unusually long unbroken saliva string formed between the foam and the kids mouth. Who won? I can’t say.

3 Likes

Interesting, but I fail to see any connection with cellos.

1 Like

This is fine, but it doesn’t look like it’s the most wonderful thing at the Darlington Festival of Ingenuity. I for one would like to know more about that child-frightening machine at the beginning

1 Like

Speaking of which, and also of the Science Museum gift shop in London, I was walking there one time, and there was a crying 6yo on a scooter ahead. The friend I was with told me it “wasn’t” suitable to laugh at this, but something about the combination of the fun scooting with the inconsolable sobbing really tickled my funny bone.

1 Like

Dropped in to point out that if the contestants had to down a shot or two first, and the music alternated between a Tango and a certain 4/4 ballroom dance form, this would be…

Slime Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
// try the veal, and tip your waitress

PS - as a cellist, I fully support this video.

5 Likes
1 Like

Brilliant

1 Like

The ambient temperature ought to be included in the record books if this should ever become an Olympic sport. (particularly in these days of “God Gave Noah the Rainbow Sign, No More Water But Fire [this] Time”)

1 Like

Well, now that toddler would be in his 30s. Whose to say he doesn’t play a cello now?

Wouldn’t a true inversion of a “tug of war” be something more like a “hug of war”.

I’ll let myself out…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.