Slipping in the polls, Sanders out fundraises them all

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/01/slipping-in-the-polls-sanders.html

4 Likes

I think this only shows that the people who like him really like him. Not necessarily that the polls are wrong…

11 Likes

Good for him by the way. I like him too. Id be happy if he was leading the polls. Just doubting the logic that more donations necessarily means more voters.

3 Likes

Can we please just get a Sanders/Warren or Warren/Sanders ticket, already?

17 Likes

“Sanders out fundraises them all” we haven’t seen the other campaign’s Q3 numbers so that headline is really putting the cart before the horse.

1 Like

There are many problems with that approach, but the first one is… who’s the VP?

Still crossing my fingers for Harris…

2 Likes

I was going to say the same and also that…if you see the candidate you like slipping in the pools aren’t you more likely to contribute and conversely if your candidate is leading or surging aren’t you more likely to hold off thinking “They’re good”.

Wasn’t this the same sort of mentality that lead to lower turn out for Clinton in 2016?

“Oh she has this in the bag…no way Trump wins”

1 Like

Our family has donated $3.00 here and $5.00 there, about $250.00 so far, it ain’t rocket science folks, if you want a candidate to win, you got’a support them.

12 Likes

Or perhaps someone who isn’t old and white?

3 Likes

I’ll take old and right over young and wrong.

9 Likes

I think that dichotomy only exists if you assume all the non-white non-old choice are wrong.

I’ll take old and left.

15 Likes

Having watched the debates, I stand by my choice.

1 Like

I guess I don’t agree that the VP pool is limited to those folks on the stage.

1 Like

I would suggest cold-calling Keith Ellison from now until Iowa.

For those who are Bernie curious, here is the long form interview (more of a conversation) from the topic’s header image.

6 Likes

I’m available.

7 Likes

Fortunately for the people, I have inhaled.

7 Likes

listening to this now. what a great interview this is.

2 Likes