Slow blinking to a cat is a way of saying "I Trust/Love You"

Good human!
There was a guy in one of my classes who lectured those of us who had bird feeders out, saying he didn’t believe in messing with nature, which, studies have shown it doesn’t harm birds’ abilities to feed themselves, but whatever.
Then it came out that he had an outdoor cat! So bringing a non-native highly efficient predator into the environment and giving it the privileges of food and shelter was fine, but putting out sunflower seeds earned a lecture. :woman_facepalming:t2:

11 Likes

I had been doing this subconsciously my entire life. I suspect this is because I grew up with four cats who I was very attached to - figure I had been “mirroring” them. Like, there was a ton of cat body language I employed around them without realising until the internet came along and pointed it out.

8 Likes

This is the best way to get the Prince of Floof to come over to me. He’ll ignore his name, or snapping fingers, or kitty-kitty as long as he isn’t hungry. But eye contact and a slow blink will send him running up to me

There is a dire paucity of cat pics in this thread. Seriously ppl.

12 Likes

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

What an asshole!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.