Small plane crashes on golf course in Wisconsin — and all 53 dogs on board (plus 3 people) survive

Originally published at: Small plane crashes on golf course in Wisconsin — and all 53 dogs on board (plus 3 people) survive | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wondering how many of the good people adopting the pups will name them Lucky or Crash.

11 Likes

My guess is that one of the dogs onboard thought it saw a squirrel and chaos ensued.

13 Likes

Any pilots who can describe what probably happened here? Or is “both wings fell off” just a routine occurrence from time to time when flying a small plane?

7 Likes

It crashed through trees, according to the video. I’d have expected the trees to come off worst, but maybe it was the plane, this time.

6 Likes

Holy hell! The poor pups (and pilot); glad they survived.

7 Likes

It’s easy to forget that airplane wings are mostly hollow structures made of lightweight aluminum alloys, so not so surprising that when one meets a mature tree trunk the tree is the more likely of the two to survive.

5 Likes

Poor ees puppers, and the people who were trying to help them!

2 Likes

And Hallmark has the plot for their 2024 Christmas movie.

5 Likes

Rich white wannabe golfer, small town veterinary nurse. A handful of rescued pups.

“Christmas on the Fairway.”

Kill me now.

11 Likes

I meet up with a friend of mine weekly, so the dog gets to sit on his lap for the journey to the pub.
While he’s waiting for my friend to buckle up, he sits in the driver’s seat.

Last time he did this I had to encourage him to move with: “Shift over. You’re not driving.”

“Not after last time!”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.