Plane crashes into the roof of a Texas house while residents are out (photos)

Originally published at: Plane crashes into the roof of a Texas house while residents are out (photos) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

They flew to Kerrville for breakfast? Why? That’s the most bizarre part of this to me…

Congrats on not (seriously) hurting anyone :tada:

… and <donnie_darko.gif>

5 Likes
12 Likes

Damn. That’s going to be an interesting story for the homeowners to tell their insurance company.

Homeowner: “Our house was involved in a plane crash.”
Insurance Agent: “Oh no, is your family okay?”
H: “Yes, we weren’t there at the time.”
IA: “Wait, how were you involved in a plane crash if you weren’t on the plane?”
H: “Our house was involved.”
IA: “How did you get your house on a plane?!”

6 Likes

Fly-in breakfasts are a thing. Some flying clubs and airports host them as social events. It is a chance to meet other people who are in the same hobby. Other airports are just known for having cafes with good breakfasts. It is basically a reason to fly somewhere and get in some hours.

9 Likes

When a plane crashed into my neighbors’ house, it didn’t go so well - - my neighbors were home and only slightly physically injured, but the occupants of the plane were all killed.

The folk here surviving is pretty astounding!

5 Likes

That’s better than having the crash occur while the residents were in.

4 Likes

Glad to hear that no one died or suffered serious injury.

8 Likes

The Block Island (RI) airport used to be an awesome shacky homestyle diner with a wind sock. Sadly, looks like they ‘upgraded’ sans diner. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

For once, can I be the first to say: “any landing you can walk away from…”

10 Likes

Leader [chanting into megaphone]: “What do we want?”

Crowd: “Low flying airplane noises!!”

Leader: “When do we want them?”

Crowd: “NNNNnnnnnnnneeeooooowwwwww!!”

4 Likes

Thank you. I came to the comments for this.

1 Like

Flying cars, anyone? /S

Maximumble Flying cars 6

9 Likes

And if you miss breakfast, there is still the the “$100 hamburger.”

2 Likes

Pics lifted from Facebook:

3 Likes

Is Harrison Ford OK?

4 Likes

Yeah, but an excellent landing is one where the aircraft can be used again.

3 Likes

For sure. When I first saw this I was thinking that maybe some modern safety features made the crash more survivable, but that can’t be it. Based on what’s left of the tail I’m pretty sure it’s a Beechcraft Bonanza, 1982 or older, so they probably didn’t have anything other than basic lap belts. So they were incredibly lucky. (Well, not as lucky as people whose plane doesn’t crash, I guess.)

4 Likes

Yeah the V-tail is a giveaway. This one was from 1957. That at 65 year old plane was still flying is a testament to federal rules for aircraft inspections.

2 Likes

I thought everything was bigger in Texas? That’s an itty-bitty plane. How about a bigger one?
More-info

2 Likes