Smalltown judge, implicated in "plundering" of a dead man's home, booked on gun charge

Originally published at: Smalltown judge, implicated in "plundering" of a dead man's home, booked on gun charge | Boing Boing

12 Likes

And conservatives are so puzzled as to why anyone with half a brain and a sense of morality and adequate resources flees the small towns of Real America™ for the Godless big cities and college towns at their earliest opportunity, never to return.

23 Likes

But they’d rather be puzzled than have any of these ‘troublemakers’ stick around and challenge their local hegemony.

18 Likes

Yes, for the pundits and politicians (who mainly choose to live amongst the "cosmopolitan coastal elites they claim to despise) it’s definitely performative puzzlement for a national audience in service of their culture war. The on-the-ground attitude of conservatives who run the various aspects of these small towns toward that exodus is a weird mix of gratitude and resentment.

12 Likes

Surprised? I’m not.

9 Likes

I’m not sure the mix is that weird.

In both cases below…

• you’ve left and we’re glad, but we hate you for going
  • you stayed and we’re glad, but we hate you for staying

… the common factor is ‘we hate you’. Having half a brain, a sense of morality, and adequate resources makes them a hate target for the small-minded, amoral morons who view them with disguised and denied jealousy.

10 Likes

19 Likes

Closed door arraignment between two judges? No, that’s not suspicious. Not at all. (/s … jic)

And Hell help me, I never thought I’d say this, but good on Fox for sticking to this like a fly on stink.

9 Likes

Well, that’s just the ‘Scorpion and the Frog’ fable all over again. Fox news being attracted to stink is simply their nature.

6 Likes

My understanding is that the local affiliates have their own newsrooms, and an interest in local affairs, and just enough independence to be able to chase them up.

Fox46 isn’t responsible for The Usual Gang of Idiots. They’re just owned by the company which is.

Sometimes actual reporting is allowed to happen.

12 Likes

The very existence of such folks frightens the hell out of the Reich Wingers, and if they are local, it is much more immediate and terrifying. It threatens their “every real American agrees with me” mindset. Trust me on this one, I know.

8 Likes

Possibly more accurate?

2 Likes

They aren’t owned by Fox.

6 Likes

They’re basically just taking the international and national bureau news feeds from Faux to round up their local lineup. That isn’t great but they have a degree of independence from Murdoch’s toxic ideological agenda that the directly owned-and-operated outlets don’t.

4 Likes

Am I correct that she’s also never been a lawyer nor attended law school?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.