Smile with your eyes

Originally published at: Smile with your eyes | Boing Boing

21 Likes

Art imitating life?

3 Likes

You’ve done it, @beschizza . Your work has become part of the American Conscious.

26 Likes

Looks like someone’s been reading BB

11 Likes

Godammit Rob. I knew what it was gonna be yet I clicked anyway.

11 Likes

I should have known that was coming! :smiley_cat:

And, I hope it’s not annoying to mention, @beschizza, but it looks like you have a typo on the surname Inman.

7 Likes

7 Likes

My permanent scowl is always perfect and always has the desired effect.
Red Forman

5 Likes

10 Likes

Since masking i’ve stuck an mini LCD to my ever expanding forehead and display a (lugubrious) smile on that – when not being sold for ad space (HeadRoom™)

5 Likes

“Smize! SMIZE!!!” --The Corinthian

13 Likes

I always wondered where Rob Beschizza got the inspiration from and getting into The Sandman comics for the first time recently (i know) it suddenly became clear!

Beschizza!

tenant-barrowman

9 Likes

Came here to say this; I suspect that we are among the few happy mutants that have watched America’s Next Top Model.

3 Likes

This is the subject of one of my favorite Basic Instructions comics.

3 Likes

Weirdly, I have not watched that! However, I know that Banks holds a copyright on Smize, because she showed up on Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me on NPR once and talked about Smizing during the pandemic!

I most remember her from her work modeling in the 1980s, though I was aware she’d been on America’s Next Top Model…

2 Likes

2 Likes

You know, smiles is the longest word in the English language, because there are 1.60934 kilometers between the first and last letter.

8 Likes

Mom and I used to attend a horsey expo in Lou-uh-vulle every June. There was no “backstage” area for the daytime lectures (often given on horseback), demonstrations, and performances, so we could chat with folks before and after. A man dressed in a super fancy Arab costume, which covered his nose and mouth with rich fabric, was waiting for his turn to ride into one of the rings. He was on a big, sexy Friesian, and I just couldn’t resist. I walked right up, grinned, and asked, “Hey, when’s my turn to ride him?”

I could only see his pretty blue eyes, but I knew his smile was at least as big as mine b/c the way his eyes got all crinkled up. He didn’t say a word.

4 Likes

*starts campaign to get “sparsecs” added to the dictionary*

5 Likes

The support for such a term may be sparse… unless we come up with a definition as well.

Maybe: The distance light travels in a googolplex seconds, divided by however many digits of pi you can remember at the time…

3 Likes