Smugglers sawed through Trump's wall 18 times in a one-month period

But when she climbs, the girl uses the sides of the wall segment, which look like they would be part of a continuous sheet in the real thing.

1 Like

That was addressed in the article, apparently it won’t be continuous, but even if it was, someone taller than 5’10" could still get over it.

He thought he was dealing with Mexican’ts.

2 Likes

That was exactly the scene I had in mind.

1 Like

If there was a crooked buck to be made, I don’t think Trump cares whether the wall could be sawed through with a length of dental floss.

4 Likes

When will people stop pointing out how the wall is not keeping out drugs or immigration. It was never about drugs or immigration. That wall exists for one reason only. It exists for Trump to manipulate his base. To engender hate towards the foreigner.
And for that goal and that goal alone, it has been a massive success.

So please stop calling the wall a fake or a failure. It is not. It’s working. It is doing exactly what it was meant to do. Energize the racists/the xenophobes.

15 Likes

Also, note that these climbers are treating it as a free climbing exercise, meaning they aren’t using rope or other devices to assist in the ascent. The belay rope is just there to catch them if they fall, not to help them ascend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_climbing

If you’d presented the border wall challenge to a group of cavers/spelunkers, they’d regard it as trivial, since they’ve got experience at using aids to climb back up a single rope in caves where there aren’t even any walls within reach of the rope for most of the ascent, or the walls are wet and provide no grip.

Their approach might be: Throw one end of a rope over the top. Reach through one of the conveniently provided slits in the fence to grab the thrown end. Tie off both ends to a suitable ground anchor. Using a couple of “ascenders” with attached foot slings, skilled cavers will be up that rope and down the other side as fast as the rest of us could climb and descend a fixed ladder. While they may swing around a bit more, they’re energy expenditure is probably comparable to climbing a rope ladder. (You could just use a rope ladder if you’re strong enough to throw it over the wall.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascender_(climbing)

The cavers’ approach is quite safe, if we ignore the risk of being shot by border guards. I think I remember an episode of “Remington Steele” that has Pierce Brosnan using two ascenders to go up a rope to a third(?) storey window. IIRC, the early part of the ascent, shot from the side to demonstrate the technique, was really him, though it then switched to a distant shot showing a very fast ascent probably involving a stunt double.

2 Likes
3 Likes

And don’t forget where the steel is coming from. You know, a great way to shunt rewards from the taxpayer pockets…

3 Likes

You don’t even have to throw it, you could just pull it up with a thin rope you throw over the wall.

4 Likes

Tiger King reference??

2 Likes

Very flippant. The cartels are not “The Godfather”. They are murderous and have no honor.

They will take your gringo money belt then shoot you on the side of the road after a highway hijack.

There is nowhere to defect to at this point, we need to make the CHUDS understand that we are not locked in with them - they are locked in with us :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Well, not really in every episode, just enough to be memorable. And remember, Batman was on twice week, Tuesday and Thursday I think (probably the only show with a twice a week schedule)…

Actually before all this Mexico was the only place in the world I refused to go- I have seen videos of what they do to people. The cartels are sick.

Make no mistake they are murderous bastards and I want stay as far away from that as possible

You may want to clarify the they in your post.

Mexico has safe areas just like any other. I’ve heard Mexico City is nice it’s just border areas that have extreme violence.

Writing off all of Mexico is not cool

1 Like

They simply means the cartels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.