Sneak preview of The Beatles: Get Back with fantastic unseen footage

Why is everyone always picking on Paul?

2 Likes

Why is everyone always picking on Yoko?

4 Likes

Billy Preston at 2:55 !!

3 Likes

Because there’s so (too) much of it (to go through)? :smile:

Well I can find you a whole load of people who will tell you that Yoko is their favourite Beatles adjacent artist. Sincerely. I like some of the experimental stuff. And the b side of Merry Christmas war is over is infinitely better than the a side

6 Likes

Yeah, I agree. She’s all sorts of great.

yoko-ono

Gif from here:

But of course, the perception that she’s terrible and was hated by all popped up very early in this thread as it always does when the end of the Beatles pops up. :roll_eyes: Like please, stop believing the narratives that the industry puts out and look into some proper histories of popular music, people.

Plus, honestly the whole idea that women “wreck” good artists in music needs to die in a fire. I wonder how many talented women in music were sidelined by the men in their lives. I’m guessing that’s a far more common occurrence than women “wrecking” bands by the horrible crime of checks notes marrying someone in the band.

5 Likes

The notion that John’s art wasn’t inspired by and learned from her is utterly stupid. His later career music and why it’s not as good as the Beatles is better explained by the fact he was the third best musician in the Beatles. And Paul’s by the fact that he didn’t have the kind of input that dug Yoko’s work in his. They were both bland in their own way. Yoko wasn’t and isn’t.

2 Likes

Did Linda, or anyone else ever, plop a chair right in the middle of the 4 Beatles while they were working out an arrangement?? Even if John suggested Yoko “sit right here”, she should’ve had the sense to realize how obnoxious that was.

giphy-1

4 Likes

Count me in. Plastic Ono Band is the best work Lennon did, in or out of The Beatles. Tracks like Greenfield Morning I Pushed an Empty Baby Carriage All Over The City still sound edgy and fresh today. I can only imagine what people thought of them in 1970.

3 Likes

Yes, women shouldn’t disturb great men at work… and her sitting in a place offered to her was clearly the heart of the reason they broke up… /s

eyeroll-little-girl

4 Likes

Didn’t say it was the reason they broke up. As for women disturbing great men at work, it would have been equally obnoxious if a man did it.

There was literally no other reason to post an anecdote that for you “proves” she was annoying (and create a new account to do so). None. It had nothing to do with the problems the band had. Nothing.

People have been spending the past half century blaming her for something she had nothing to do with, so yeah, why else post that, except to “prove” that already long dead horse of a misogynistic, racist thesis?

4 Likes

Right? She’s totally happy mutant material. I can see her as a guest blogger here in my dream world.

3 Likes

It’s a sign of growth to learn to get over real and imagined slights from a half century ago that may or may not have happened to someone you didn’t even know.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.