Sneaky raccoon "walks" between ceiling joists

Originally published at: Sneaky raccoon "walks" between ceiling joists | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Oh God, radioactive mutant ninja raccoons from outer space that glow in the dark.

7 Likes

It does seem that those beams are steel “I” girders (damn this font!) with convenient ledges for crawling along.
Show me a racoon doing the same with plain wooden joists and I’l be more impressed.

If the Sly Cooper video game series has taught me anything it’s that you can never be too paranoid about stealthy raccoons sneaking around above you.

ceiling-raccoon

4 Likes
1 Like

2oz90j

4 Likes

I was sleeping in a cabin and in the morning it sounded like there was an intruder in the kitchen. I listened for a while and concluded the intruder had a tail and was actually in the wall. I removed the drywall to find a raccoon that was covering its eyes with one paw. “If I can’t see you, you can’t see me”. This was a picture of the raccoon after it realized I could see it.
raccoon

6 Likes

“backticks” work as a quick fix

steel “`I`” girders → steel “I” girders

1 Like

Makes sense. You know the literal translation of their German name is “drop bear.”*

*(Yes, yes, I know it’s really “wash bear.”)

3 Likes
1 Like

I was really disappointed when I unmuted the video and didn’t hear the mission impossible theme song

2 Likes

He’s the best there is at what he does— if what he does involves snacks!

3 Likes

It’s a bit of a trope, isn’t it.

1 Like

ezgif.com-add-text (4)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.