SNL follows up one of its best sketches ever with "Papyrus 2"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/17/snl-follows-up-one-of-its-best-sketches-ever-with-papyrus-2.html

8 Likes

Same concern haunts my household. This touched my heart.

5 Likes

The end screen! It cut me to the core!

6 Likes

now in Italics.

7 Likes

The embed is correct, but the link in the text to the follow-up video relinks the first.

Video for the BBS crowd:

2 Likes

For anyone wanting a translation of the Wingdings on the end screen underneath “papyrus”, it reads, “THE WAY OF STEVEN”. You’re welcome.

Hacking Work From Home GIF

5 Likes

Besides being funny, also great and classic epic storytelling. This sequel doesn’t only rehash - it takes us to new dimensions for the character. AND it sets up a part 3. Chef’s kiss.

3 Likes

So you go through SNL’s trash pile of sketches they deemed not airworthy.

And you shout “Look how bad this sketch is!”.

i had forgotten about Papyrus (the skit). It still speaks to me. and now they’ve brought Wingdings into the fold. i am embiggened.

2 Likes

Last weekend they did one of the funniest skits they’ve pulled off in recent memory. Ryan and Mikey Day disrupt a taping of News Hour, and Heidi Gardner playing the host completely loses it, breaking character completely with infectious laughter that hits the entire cast!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.