SNL tackles mid-forties Fortnite

I’m 48, and have zero idea what this Fortnight thing is. A game? A costume thing? LARP ?
Also zero time for Bitcoin or Blockchain , Pokemon Go.

Used to be a time I was trying to keep up with the latest thing, so I wouldn’t be excluded from the everyday of things. Then new musical groups came out, someone did something at a club and got arrested, if you didn’t watch the video then you live under a rock. Why am I not wearing a bracelet against the latest outrage? I can’t keep up, sorry. This new thang might be the most whatever rapper in 20 years to come along… I don’t care.
George Carlin would be very upset if he were around today.

1 Like

Back in 1997 I remember David James blaming his poor form in the English Premier League on playing games too late the night before matches (specifically Tekken II and Tomb Raider).

David James is now 48.

Most likely? No. Some will have grown up with it, others, as was already mentioned, couldn’t afford it, while others just had no interest.

As for me, it rings true. My son is just developing an interest in games and I have a huge learning curve ahead of me to figure it all out.

In the end, it was just a skit about old dads being lame. And we basically are.

Do you know when I first heard of Fortnight? When I watched that skit.

Scrabble requires no mouse or keyboard.

^^ This (wasn’t that funny… like so much of SNL, the IDEA was funny, but the execution failed)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.