Snoop Dogg's promise to quit smoking turns out to be an ad campaign

Originally published at: Snoop Dogg's promise to quit smoking turns out to be an ad campaign | Boing Boing

3 Likes

i figured there had to be a catch – either he was switching to edibles, or he had some product coming out. never expected a fire pit, though.

8 Likes

I’m sure Ovaltine is already contacting his reps for an endorsement deal.

5 Likes

Maybe because I’m

• old
  • an occasional stoner
  • hate all my clothes and hair smelling like smoke, and otherwise love firepits

I kinda love this. I think it’s funny and clever.

10 Likes

When he was paired up with Martha Stewart to sell disposable lighters, I thought it was kind of a low sell out. But with this move? Any respect lost. His brand is now pure mersh bunk.

3 Likes

I wonder why he didn’t call the cereal he marketed “Dogg’s Breakfast.”

3 Likes

I have had one of these stoves for a while and love it but the way this sponsorship went down feels icky.

3 Likes

Me too. I think it’s hilarious!

5 Likes

I had originally feared the worst, that he might be illin’. If you’re going to have a fire pit, might as well be smokeless. It’s a good thing.

4 Likes

Well I knew this was going to be some marketing thing, but I didn’t see it coming it was for a smokeless fire pit.

2 Likes

Glad the truth has come out. It was obviously some marketing gimmick, I just didn’t know for what. I’ll have to check that out, we love fire pits and don’t currently have one at our new place.

2 Likes

I’ve had one for a few years and I love the thing. Makes for a great fire in the fall weather!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.