Snoop Dogg says he's giving up smoking weed

Originally published at: Snoop Dogg stops smoking weed

4 Likes

Clever marketing scheme to promote a new line of edibles perhaps?

15 Likes

Big respect if he can do so, especially if it’s for the benefit of his family.

15 Likes

Reaction What GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

12 Likes

Is it just me or do all the BBS links now just go to the “index” instead of to the BBS page for the post?

25 Likes

With his natural good-natured charisma, I’m confident that his popularity and celebrity will survive giving up this essential aspect of his personal brand. I just hope he’s not giving it up due to a serious health issue.

15 Likes

It’s a known issue - go see the thread that I don’t even know where it starts in the non-moderation Q&A thread…

12 Likes

Don’t know if this is a stunt or really something that’s he’s doing for his family (or for himself), time will tell but if it is an earnest decision then good for him. Excessive use of anything is bad, and knowing of his heavy use it has to have had negative consequences on those that care for him.

9 Likes

Good for him. Everybody should be free to choose sobriety if that’s what they need.

And whatever any of us feels about any addictions we’ve had or overcome, or worked through with our friends and families, now imagine how much harder it would be if your addiction was synonymous with your identity the way people associate Snoop Dogg with weed. I have nothing but sympathy for him.

11 Likes

My doctor never judged me for using weed, but she did always make sure to mention that it’s always better to eat it than smoke or vape it.

13 Likes

Snoop is still on Shitter?

Shame on him.

15 Likes

Good for him! But it’s gonna be another year or so before we can really communicate with whomever is left.

Shocked Chelsea Handler GIF

7 Likes

He realized edibles will rock your world even harder. Or maybe vape != smoke? Anyway congrats, or I’m sorry; hard to say which is appropriate.

5 Likes

…Until he can legitimately use it for medicinal purposes.

4 Likes

I gave up smoking weed too, when I discovered vaping.

6 Likes

My prediction is he is going to launch a line of weed vapes. No smoke, just smooth vapor.

3 Likes

happens to me every time now too. not sure why.

but on the topic at hand: is this a sign of the apocalypse? at least he has his new line of wine in conjunction with Martha Stewart to fall back on.

4 Likes

Not all, but the vast majority now. The comments link had been redirecting back to the article now and then for years, but a few weeks ago it suddenly started doing it much more frequently. It appears to be permanently broken now so getting it to go to the BBS index is the closest thing to a fix (it’s one step closer to the desired outcome than going back to the article, at least).

As for Snoop, makes sense to me. I use marijuana from time to time but I was never comfortable smoking it. I’m not sure why people think inhaling smoke into your lungs is a good idea just because it’s not tobacco smoke. Edibles all the way. Maybe he means going entirely sober, of course.

6 Likes

I seem to remember him saying that a few years back.

2 Likes