Snoop Dogg says he's giving up smoking weed

I posted a workaround here that fixes the link when it’s broken and takes you to the post comments if you’re on desktop: Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.) - #938 by dangaroo

5 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

2 Likes

Yup. The End Times are upon us.

3 Likes

Has anyone checked on Keith Richards lately? If something happens to him it’s time to build a bunker.

5 Likes

Anything that can take out Keith Richards will crush your puny bunker like, like… something really big that crushes something puny.

5 Likes

Call me a cynic, but I can’t help think this has some connection to his ever-expanding “family friendly” corporate-friendly image and the dozens of corporate partnerships he’s cultivating. If it is actually a personal decision then good for him, but… nah, especially publicizing it like this, doesn’t quite fit with that. But

Snoop is made of 90 cannabis at this point anyways. His metabolism will keep him high.

In that case, he should stop hanging out with ex-convicts all the time.

4 Likes

I had thoughts about “he’s going to launch a bespoke line of edibles” or some such. But then i thought, no, he may well have lung cancer. Seriously hope it’s the former.

4 Likes

Martha Stewart Forty GIF

4 Likes

i don’t smoke any more ! !
{ of course , i don’t smoke any less either ! ! }
:smoking:

5 Likes

At one point, Snoop claimed to be the reincarnation of Bob Marley, renamed himself “Snoop Lion,” and released reggae music.

He’s an entertainer and charismatic celebrity. I don’t know how seriously anyone needs to take this latest proclamation.

4 Likes

“smoke 'em if you got 'em,” one might say.

6 Likes

You’ve got to love Snoop. He has the amazing knack for keeping himself in the public eye, decades past his creative peak.

3 Likes

Gives up smoking weed. One week later: “My name is Snoop Dogg?!”

2 Likes
8 Likes

For the click-averse, he’s promoting some kind of stove/grill/firepit(?) that doesn’t give off any smoke. Not what I nor anyone else here expected!

7 Likes

Kevin Hart Whatever GIF

8 Likes

I actually did consider it but that may be because I already own one of those firepits. they really do work

4 Likes

I had a suspicion it was all a big trօll based on the “please respect my privacy” part of his post, i did hope it was legit but not surprised it turned out to be an excuse to promote a thing

5 Likes