Snopes scopes the $43K "Relentlessly Gay" GoFundMe

As @ChickieD mentioned, while it’s now illegal to ban gay marriage, there’s still a lot of asshats who think they have a right to get away with not doing their jobs.

Additionally, I know for a fact that in Georgia, you can be fired from a job for the sole reason of being gay. That’s a huge issue that the supreme court didn’t address in its ruling. We still have work to do.

3 Likes

It’s the other way around. Reality has a liberal bias. Snopes just uses reality as the metric for truth.

3 Likes

There are several under their “Lost Legends” section. The one I ran into by chance was this one:

I happened to run into another article where Snopes complained that some people were protesting in California about something and used this article to back up some argument or other. Oh, here it is:

1 Like

SC as well. I know someone it happen to. While it’s been legal to marry someone of the same sex here for a while, I know people who are still in the closet at work.

1 Like

I was so amused when I posted a snopes article and some one tried to explain to me how snopes had been proven to be a liberal hoaxer, and offered as proof the first 5 links he found when googling “snopes fake” or something like that. It was so fun to point out that he obviously hadn’t read any of the articles he was linking to, since they were all “other” fact checking sites evaluating the claims about snope’s hidden agenda, and debunking them.

Almost as good as the time a friend of a friend offered up the wikipedia article on moon landing hoax theories as proof that the moon landing was a hoax. Again, without actually reading it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.