Snubbed by an airport: Chris Christie denied VIP entrance at Newark

Corruption, Kathy. It’s always corruption.

18 Likes

It’s just Chinatown.

10 Likes

Aside from bridgegate, beachgate, and special jobs for his cronies…why is he labeled as corrupt?

I’m a registered Democrat. I actually think he was a decent governor. Phil Murphy is going to fuck NJ far worse.

Ha Ha!!!

My home State of New Jersey has a way of saying good bye, with a punch in da face.

7 Likes

Isn’t bridgegate and jobs for cronies enough? Beachgate was really just him kind of being a douche…

What makes you think this?

6 Likes

Without proof I’ll have to take a pass on that.

11 Likes

Are you one of those “registered democrats” that only inhabit comment / letters to editor pages and have voted Republican since 1980?

Because it would be hard to imagine a worse governor in recent memory than Mr. Christie. New Jersey residents will be riding ferries to work in NYC for the next 15 years because of his absurd short-sighted decision to back out of the Hudson tunnel projects. He screwed his constituents (the people who paid his salary) because he thought it would appeal to slack-jawed R voters in the rural parts of the country.

Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Murphy will probably screw things up as well, because NJ is an essentially ungovernable pit of corruption, but he’ll have to work really hard to be as incompetent and disengaged as Mr Christie

24 Likes

The TSA actually did something right!

5 Likes

Where’s a silver trumpet when you really need one?

I think a sad trombone would be more useful in this situation.

Boy I hope some phone-camera video is forthcoming…

5 Likes

Mindy, I don’t comment on things often. My wife and I just purchased a home. the property tax is 8800$./yr When a guy like Phil Murphy get’s elected on promises like free college, legalized weed, and doesn’t want to address the pension crisis, then I can only imagine that my taxes are going to increase.

1 Like

Really man? I was born in raised in NJ, it’s a blue state. I hate trump, love the environment, have many immigrant friends, and everyday am embarrassed to have that shithead as our president. I’m married, educated, have a full-time job, just purchased my first home, want to raise a family in my home state, but find that impossible with Phil Murphy elected on promises that surely indicate a rise in taxes over his time in office.

1 Like

man, i don’t post often, but the internet is a strange place. My personal opinion on NJ; the state is doomed. I’ve tried to convince my wife that over the past 4 years, but she’s reluctant to stay here. Totally agree with your “pit of corruption description”. He’s already disregarded the pension crisis once in a press conference. To answer first question; No, I was born in 85.

End Note; Fuck Trump, Fuck Fascism.

Did he say he’s not going to address that, though, even if it wasn’t part of his campaign rhetoric? And can’t legalized weed be a means of bringing in tax dollars?

I’ll also point out that the college debt crisis is reaching epic proportions that’s going to make the 2008 crisis seem like a blip. It’s clear that the federal government isn’t going to address it, so it’s good he’s looking to solve the problem. A college educated population can only be a net +plus for you guys.

As for property taxes, where my cousin lives in Jersey, he’s lucky to have great public schools for his kiddo to go to. It’s another net benefit, because having an educated population serves everyone. Perhaps if the federal government would stop cutting support for public education and stop trying to tear apart the Department of education, all states could get more public support for public education.

People complain about high taxes, but we all benefit from it. Otherwise, what’s the point of governments in the first place. Taxes are how government funds itself. if you want to see what happens to public infrastructure when you get taxes to the absolute minimum, go visit my neighbors Alabama or Mississippi and see how they are faring with their low taxes.

Again, it has a lot less problems than some of my neighboring states, I’d wager.

[ETA] I thought this was an interesting breakdown on where property taxes go and how schools get funded - with NJ being a state with one of the highest per student investments:

4 Likes

Why is there a VIP entrance to an airport at all?

4 Likes

We have no context for evaluating that number, Mr. Fart Goblin.

3 Likes

You list a number of things that he didn’t do, some that Christie DID DO, some the people, and some the legislature… as evidence sufficient to give you an anxious feeling that he by name a singled out among all those fucking NJ, will be the one you old responsible for “fuck”-ing NJ? Okay. Noted.

You sound potentially reasonable, I think you might want to look at the cause and effect relationships in all this, before you turn to telling the future in four letter words. It does sound partisan and pre-judged when you put it that way.

1 Like

My only experience with New Jersey is entertainment media, so I thought it was with a few bullets into the trunk before closing the lid.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Yet, “End End Note: Don’t raise my taxes.”

3 Likes