Chris Christie: track immigrants like FedEx packages

[Read the post]

1 Like

He also doesnā€™t appear to know how courier tracking works. Fedex only know where the package was last scanned, which in some cases may not be itā€™s current location. This may be more of an issue when the things you are trying to track in your authoritarian arsehole fashion can move of their own accord. Is he proposing a scanner at every street corner that the immigrants have to scan themselves at? Sounds like a Big Goverment kind of solution.

20 Likes

Christie doesnā€™t need to know how courier tracking worksā€¦ not his problem ā€“ thatā€™s why heā€™s hiring Fred, who is an expert in it!

Also: Fred Smith is Skull and Bones, and, as a fraternity brother of George W. Bush, was twice offered the secretary of defense position.

14 Likes

I donā€™t think that his ā€˜solutionā€™ has to actually deliver anything, or even make any sense, it just has to be a demonstration of his fealty to Free Market Innovation and clamping down on the Mexican Menace.

So long as it does that, any tedious ā€˜factsā€™ about how actual logistics systems work, or how they notably wouldnā€™t work with things that can move by themselves and have an incentive to be not-tracked, are beside the point.

19 Likes

In fairness, heā€™d likely suggest somewhere that he would find unobtrusive himself: underside of left boob.

4 Likes

Could work if some semipersistent ID token of daily use is associated with the person. A creditcard or a cellphone is offering itself.

For persistence, thereā€™s biometrics. Any single approach wonā€™t work well (unreliable or doesnā€™t work remotely), but combine identification by face, voice, fingerprints, gait, retina, hand vein pattern or finger dimensions, and you have a fairly solid frameworkā€¦

Like with packages itā€™d provide tracking only for recorded event (package scanned, ID token usedā€¦), though. Unlike packages, if the tracked objects have an incentive to not be tracked, the reliability will go down significantly.

1 Like

middle finger between nail and knuckle

7 Likes

Holy Crap!
Is that picture of Christie real? Or has that been stretched?
I might have to change my bet about when heā€™ll stroke outā€¦

7 Likes

Doesnā€™t he need to shoot them with the tranquilizer gun first & then tag them?

1 Like

I still think this is just code for ā€œbox them up and leave them in a truck for 3 daysā€.

8 Likes

Derivative idea. This is a direct copy of the trackers installed by the Koch brothers when they buy a politician.

14 Likes

Forearm is traditional. Sometimes over a triangle.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bad ex-christian - Iā€™m forgetting all the crazy stuff I learned back in the day. At first I thought this was, like, a nazi reference or something. Nice to see this being proposed by the party mostly likely to contain people who take that mark of the beast shit literally.

5 Likes

I laughed so hard when I read this. Itā€™s so idiotic on so many levels. Iā€™m convinced he knows damn well what stupid shit this idea is, but heā€™s trying to out-crazy Trump (and the other Republicans who are also trying to out-crazy Trump) to get attention.

4 Likes

I would definitely put it on the forehead, it would also be great tool for regulating illegals commerce - if you donā€™t have the number we could make it illegal to buy or sell!

2 Likes

My visa already has RFID, and I assume my cellphone data is already filed away by one agency or another so I naturally assume that I am tracked every time Iā€™m visiting your country and possibly even when Iā€™m not.

Because after all, it doesnā€™t matter if its possible, its just about making sure that he may be a clown, but at least heā€™s advertising heā€™s ā€œthe right kind of clownā€ If you know what I mean.

3 Likes

The RFID/NFC chip is worthless for tracking. Too low range. The tracking is done by the core function of the card, the payments. It is highly likely that when the card is used, it is you who is doing it. This itself provides the where-when-what datapoints about your activity.

Same with the cellphones, with yet higher level of granularity - not only your movements (fine when you use it, coarse, the cell handovers, when it is just idle), but also your social networks, or with whom you are communicating.

All that applies to all the ā€œfree Western nationsā€, and most others.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t numbers tattooed on your body one of the signs of Satan?

3 Likes

Itā€™s real but heā€™s lost weight since the photo was taken. Heā€™s had his stomach stapled.

5 Likes

Maybe itā€™s that ā€œweight of two for the price of oneā€ kind of deals?