Soccer team Lazio insists new player is teenager

I went to grade school with a kid who could grow a full beard at age 12. Poor guy shaved but still got a 3 o’clock shadow and was teased mercilessly.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about the gymnast in question, but if ever there were legitimate 17-year-olds who looked 9, it’d be on an Olympic gymnastics team.

As for this dude, well, the question of whether he’s 41 or 17, if those are the choices, is absolutely knowable if any of his accusers cared to follow up. Ten years ago he was either 31 or 7, and I suspect we could probably tell the difference. Either way, there should be hundreds of people who knew him then. But reporting it out would require looking up the country code for Cameroon, and it’s more satisfying just to say, “eh, probably just some weird African corruption thing.” So even though it doesn’t really matter at this point (he’s playing in an adult league!) I’m hoping it turns out he’s a funny-looking teenager with a serious scrapbooking habit.

Funny, so did I. He was 6’2" and a bright redhead (in 6th grade as well). All shapes/sizes/colors/etc…

Since it’s apparently so easy, the country code for Cameroon is +237: knock yourself out. I’ll expect you to report back in a jiff with the DL on this guy.

1 Like

Ha ha. when I was in high school there was this one 8th grade who looked like he was ripped off the cover of a Harlequinn Romance - 6 feet, bronze, smoking hot. Unfortunately, he had the personality of an 8th grader.

3 Likes

Best line I’ve ever heard on this subject came from a 10th grade girl (as reported by one of my daughters) and she apparently really did say it to the guy: call me when your psychology matches your physiology.

She’s totally correct: this particular boy is drop-dead gorgeous…a 16-year-old who looks like a 20-year-old model, but with the social behaviors of a 12-year-old.

1 Like

I didn’t say it would be easy, I just said it would require more than zero effort. There are people who claim to have nonzero opinion or nonzero interest in the truth of the matter–like the reporters who reported on the allegation, or the fans of opposing Serie A teams and/or the rival country’s sports program (Senegal) making the accusation.

I will say, though, I like the idea that we’re never allowed to take notice of other people’s bad behaviors or lax standards unless we’re personally willing or able to fix the situation. Has kind of an Old Testament vibe to it somehow, very retro-cool in a mind-your-own-business sort of way.

No. What you said is that it would require “looking up the country code for Cameroon,” as though that would yield answers with the same ease with which one can blame “some weird African corruption thing.”[quote=“semiotix, post:27, topic:23058”]
There are people who claim to have nonzero opinion or nonzero interest in the truth of the matter–like the reporters who reported on the allegation, or the fans of opposing Serie A teams and/or the rival country’s sports program (Senegal) making the accusation.
[/quote]
You seem to have a non-zero interest in the matter, as well. Presumably the player, his agent, and his club also have a non-zero interest in the mater, and it so happens that they’re the ones in the best position to shed light on the matter. Heck, I bet the player already knows Cameroon’s country code, so it should be that much easier for him to bring the truth to light.

I’m glad you like it, but that’s not something I said or implied. Instead, I pointed out that finding the truth is not as simple as looking up Cameroon’s country code—contrary to your claim.

His birthday is Feb 29th

4 Likes

Unless you find going to the dentist “demeaning,” then this seems like enormous hyperbole.

When I go to the dentist, it’s by choice.

1 Like

So? There are plenty of scenarios under which going to the dentist is not really a matter of choice. Also, children don’t have a choice as to whether to go or not. A responsible adult decides for them, whether they like it or not. It hasn’t produced any lasting childhood trauma on anyone. Hyperbole.

Mod note: Cleaned up the bickering, name calling and snark. Stay frosty friends.

1 Like

Fair enough :wink:

Well, there was a guy in high school who was 18 but looked like he was closer to 35 (already starting to go bald, etc).
Not saying this guy is 17, but I wouldn’t be so surprised if it turned out he’s more along the lines of 22-25 rather than 35-40

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.