Soccer wife loses UK libel case against other soccer wife who sleuthed her as tabloid leaker and told the world

Originally published at: Soccer wife loses UK libel case against other soccer wife who sleuthed her as tabloid leaker and told the world | Boing Boing

6 Likes

But none of these people are the Marchioness of Cholmondeley, and it doesn’t involve pegging a Royal.

4 Likes

This isn’t the sort of thing I’d normally give a flying shit about. But applause to Colleen Rooney for pulling off a classic anti-espionage trick! Or at least a variation on it:

21 Likes

Wagnarok

It gripped the UK for weeks

8 Likes

One of them is Colleen Rooney; so that’s pretty close to royalty; I think that she is next in line of succession behind Victoria Beckham.

Edit: @cosmotic It might not appeal to you or me, but, the Lives of the Wags is like WWE for people who are allergic to spandex.

@beschizza “Wagatha Christy” gave me a big old silly grin. :grin:

9 Likes

Pretty sure she got the idea from that GoT episode.

I don’t have any experience with Instagram, but would sharing information that someone else posted be considered “espionage?” What level of privacy is typically expected on that platform?

7 Likes

So what’s next, handbags at dawn?

7 Likes

Lets not encourage animal cruelty.

10 Likes

At least in the other scandal I had to learn to pronounce some new words. So, I’ve got that going for me.

1 Like

Grass before breakfast.

(Actually a subtle pun, well done me.)

5 Likes

What you might relish though is loser pays both sides lawyers costs. Unless it’s crown prosecution service ie government. In any private cases the accuser pays for the defence costs if they defence wins. Affectively anti slap. If you choose to sue you gotta make sure you win. Or your on the hook in vardys case £2million

2 Likes

Just like:

7 Likes

Tyrion Lannister also pulled that trick in Game of Thrones to figure out which fellow council-member had been feeding info to Cersei, with the added twist that he was willing to commit his own niece to marry one of three potential suitors just to find out who the rat was.

2 Likes

Redundant post is redundant.

3 Likes

Citation needed.

I think you mean “purely and simply because both parties feature heavily in gossip magazines and social media.”

1 Like

Not being following this, but it’s unavoidable un the UK press.

One interesting quote from a lawyer: “It’s a wonderful case. I’ll make enough money to retire on and there is absolutely nothing at stake.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.