Softball brawl of the day

On the plus side, there weren’t any $132,000 statues to knock over…

3 Likes

Softbrawl n. When a knockdown fight between more than two parents breaks out at a children’s sporting event.

16 Likes

It’s almost like the brawl I saw at a Victorian Christmas parade tree lighting.

1 Like

Surprised no one fired a gun in all that.

1 Like

Cf. Hockey Mom.

2 Likes

No room in the cargo shorts for a gun when the pockets are full of Funyuns and Monster Energy cans.

4 Likes

Kingsport, TN (the “Model City” and home of the one of the largest Eastman chemical plants in the world… don’t swim in the water). But everyone was from North Carolina. This time.

Hey, where I live is a total shithole sometimes (it really is), but no one disses Dolly, even just by implication or inference. She’s genuinely awesome.

3 Likes

Reminds me of lining up for a flight on United.

3 Likes

Ugh! No disrespect was meant to Dolly at all. She really is one of America’s greatest treasures.

3 Likes

All over a game.

Dolphins! Whales! Water Bears! Please take over!

2 Likes

Isn’t this more of a soccer thing. Baseball is supposed to be pastoral.

2 Likes

Evidence of bling negates pastoral.

2 Likes

My apologies! After years of reading books sent to my son for free by Dolly (and I bawled reading the foreword she wrote for the last one) and I get real defensive about Dolly, unjustifiably so sometimes when I erroneously misinterpret what someone is saying about her.

1 Like

Begs to differ.

2 Likes

I remember that one.

“I’m going home!”

1 Like

I cannot believe this sport isn’t popular outside US.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does the camera make everyone look 50lbs heavier?

3 Likes

Ain’t no brawl like a band brawl. You see how long you last when a tuba is coming your way.

“Woodwinds to me! Shove that piccolo up his-”

3 Likes

“Soccer” isn’t the “football” that George is talking about. But nice reference all the same!

ETA: Of course… you were probably referring to the football hooligans in your original comment. I’m having a very “duh” day.

1 Like