Soldier Jonathan Pentland charged with assault and battery for bullying and shoving Black man in South Carolina

Originally published at: Soldier Jonathan Pentland charged with assault and battery for bullying and shoving Black man in South Carolina | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Another member of the “culture of personal responsibility” who thought he was exempt from consequences. I’ll bet this thug cried like a baby when he found out he was charged.

32 Likes

I can’t watch that video again, wow it triggers me, Bully is the lowest of scum. F’ that guy!

35 Likes

Uh oh. I wonder how aware he is that his conduct out of uniform is still subject to the UCMJ and he can face penalties in both criminal and military court? Dumbass.

https://www.findlaw.com/military/criminal-law/double-jeopardy-and-the-military-what-you-need-to-know.html

33 Likes

Oh, he’s aware now. Big Time…

31 Likes

I feel like i don’t need to watch the video. The thumbnail is enough for me but what a piece of shit

21 Likes

He sure is!

20 Likes

Yeah, but thank god for the video and the surveillance state. In the breezy GOP-Kodachrome days, there would have been a much worse assault or fatality, and it would have been justified as a reaction to the outrageous pedestrian who “whistled” at the soldier’s wife.

2 Likes

The finale: You About to lose your job ( Original Remix ) 😂 🎧 - YouTube

Will Arnett Tunes GIF by Ovation TV

9 Likes

He could become the next governor of Montana or at least have a speaking gig at the next RNC.

8 Likes

“What are you doing here?” “You’re in the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.” “Where’s your house? What’s your address?”

Land of the free indeed.

17 Likes

there’s quite a difference between the state having the cameras and the people having cameras.

where does it say even that happened? the guy was out for a walk, and pentland decided he didn’t want a black man walking in “his” neighborhood

12 Likes

30 Likes

Oh I doubt he cried. Whined, probably. Whined like someone who is so entitled to their entitlement that they don’t even know it’s there.

3 Likes

Maybe dropped the gendered slur?

5 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t wild about it but “baby” had been used and I really struggled to come up with phrasing that says what I mean. Thanks for forcing me to greater creativity. I’m not sure the new version is better, but it’s probably less offensive.

2 Likes

He’s not saying that’s what happened; he’s saying that in an earlier era with no phones/recording equipment, that would have been the proferred excuse for a beating or worse.

4 Likes

It happened to Emmett Till in 1955.

6 Likes

I hope he is discharged and loses his vet benefits.

7 Likes

It’s the soldier’s wife filming though, which makes the whole thing extra insane. They are so convinced they are in the right to harass a black man that they filmed it and posted it on the Internet.

Kudos to the man for saintly patience, also. That takes incredible courage in the face of unbelievable dickery and racism like this.

19 Likes