Soliloquy For Lilith is one of my favorite Nurse With Wound albums

Originally published at: Soliloquy For Lilith is one of my favorite Nurse With Wound albums | Boing Boing

2 Likes

How could I have forgotten about them? Thank you for the reminder.

An excellent book on NWW, Current 93, Coil, CV, etc, etc…

5 Likes

There’s a fantastic compilation that came out in the mid-80’s called “The Elephant Table Album” - a great introduction to that genre.

Seconded.

Had the odd experience of coming across a photo of someone I knew in it completely unaware of that part of her history!

2 Likes

Oh, that must have been weird! Did you ask her about it after?

2 Likes

This is good, but it’s no “Brained By Falling Masonry!”

a classic. my favorite NWW album is 1982’s “Homotopy to Marie” and that’s for “The Schmurtz”.

That said, I prefer his visual art (often as Babs Santini). I have a few prints on the walls… and his signature on the sweet spot of my cowboy hat.

It’s not the album I would say is my favorite if ever asked, but it’s the album I tend to play most, so I guess it is my de facto favorite.

Pick up any NWW album and there’s a good chance it will be very different than the previous one you heard-- ambient drone, sampled cut-up surrealist comedy, free-form noise jamming, avant art gallery sound collage, etc.

1 Like

And my lovely horse as the live encore…

ETA

That literally was their live encore at one stage.

1 Like

Thanks BB

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.