These are The Cure founding drummer Lol Tolhurst's favorite records

Originally published at: These are The Cure founding drummer Lol Tolhurst's favorite records | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The new album with Budgie and Jackknife Lee sounds like it’s gonna be awesome, BTW…

4 Likes

Relevant:

One of the most amusing things to think of how challenging this must have been for the musicians in Don Van Vliet’s band. When you’re good at a craft, intentionally doing it badly is very difficult. For all the chaos and weirdness in that album, it wasn’t just a bunch of airy free jazz improvisation — it’s literally how it was written and composed.

7 Likes

Agreed. The tracks I’ve heard so far are quite good. Also, their podcast is really enjoyable. Lots of great interviews.

Yeah, I’m gonna check it out… I just found out the other day they have a podcast together!

1 Like

Hey, I don’t know if you check out kottke, but he has a post about 2 choral renditions of “Nothing Compares 2 U”.

I’m going to give lots of those albums a listen. Plenty I missed. And the book! Gotta see that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.