Solo roleplaying a Thousand Year Old Vampire

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/08/solo-roleplaying-a-thousand-ye.html

4 Likes

Shut Up and Sit Down recently published a review as well!

6 Likes

Getting strong vibes of “Unicorn Tapestry” by Suzy McKee Charnas from this one!

2 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

OMG - Space Assassin in this series was seriously THE SHIT.

Also - I want to do this for my character Wren. Hes only 500+ years old, but I have crafted a detailed background and personality for him unlike any other.

4 Likes

It is also worth mentioning that Tim is also a radically amazing person.

1 Like

I bought the PDF more than a month ago, actually, and it’s surprising immersive, but only if you put in the effort, and has a bit of a writer in you, as you do need to apply a LOT of imagination. This is NOT choose-your-own-adventure. You need to flesh out the details of everything yourself… But the result is so rewarding that I am thinking about starting a new game and put my results into a blog, as sort of a writing exercise. Unfortunately I’m a bit busy with job search at the moment. But it’s on my todo list!

6 Likes

That’s a good point that this game might be a bit intimidating to those who are used to (and want) things to be more fleshed out. There’s a lot of dreaming everything up here to start. Being a writer with an overactive imagination, I found that exciting and fun. But that might not be much fun for others. I love the journaling aspect of this game, coming up with rich character backgrounds using Wikipedia, etc.

1 Like

Damn it. That reminded me about the film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – which has to be the greatest movie title ever. I’ve many times been so close to pulling the trigger and getting it… but – although some people liked the film – still many more deemed it not worth the watch. Thoughts on the film?

1 Like

It was okay; though the climax was overblown and overdrawn.

1 Like

Another film of note is the Asylum version of that, Abraham Lincoln, Zombie Killer, which was actually very good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.