Some designers are grieving over Squarespace's logo design tool

Well then, they must be well pleased that comments don’t show up on the main post page.

There is a process and strategy in goes into logo design: competitive analysis, research, and concepting. This is a disservice Squarespace is providing to their clients. Don’t their clients deserve more for building their brands in an authentic and creative manner?

They should partner with local designers or firms in their area. Or hire full-time creatives who specialize on strategic and high-quality design. Rather than upsetting the design community, they should consider embracing it.

Plenty of people will pay for a high-quality, custom designed WordPress or Drupal site. Our clients do! Squarespace has too much time and money on their hands.

I’m not knocking the idea of a Wordpress CMS. I’m knocking the idea that just any idiot with no experience can build something of quality with one.

While I think WordPress can be used to make a decent website, for a lot of people a static website would work just as well. A guy I know who runs a small business paid something like $10k for a WordPress site, and he never adds any new content to it. Never updates any of the existing content. Never does anything with it.

And don’t even get me started on companies who don’t bother upgrading their WordPress as security patches come out, and then get infected with malware. If you sell somebody a WordPress site, I really hope you’re also selling them the training on how to keep it maintained (or selling them a maintenance package).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.