Somebody wrote an email bot to waste scammers' time

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/08/somebody-wrote-an-email-bot-to.html

Everybody thinks it’s a great joke, until it becomes self-aware and runs for Congress.

It’s all fun and games until some AI wins an election.

Then it’s just fun.

That may be an improvement over the current choices.

I am not sure why you posit that self-awareness is a necessary requirement for serving in congress… this requirement is not apparent in our current representation.

:slight_smile:

Kind of like Lenny!

“My name is ‘Jerry Jones’.”

LOL.

I can see a future internet that is populated almost entirely by self-improving AI that are in an intelligence race to scam each other. Every so often one of them will grind up a human for food.

I got a freaking Nigerian scammer in my Words With Friends game a couple weeks ago. I wish I could forward THAT guy to this.

I can see a future internet that is populated almost entirely by self-improving AI that are in an intelligence race to scam each other. Every so often one of them will grind up a human for food.

Stop I can only get so erect %END OF LINE%

Not “infinitely” erect?

I think you mean November.

Opensource and self-hostable, there is MLooper too.

Love it! Now, we need to feed it the logic that drives the Mos-burger eating explanation, to truly drive the telescammers insane:

I just forwarded a scammer email to me@rescam.org. It bounced, with this response:

Our system has detected that this message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been blocked. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError for more information. b188si5112600ith.92 - gsmtp

I am not making this up.

The end is just so beautiful, the telescammer getting increasingly frazzled, Lenny droning on about his third eldest, and then the ducks start making a racket again… perfectly surreal.

Man, Lenny has a big family! :sunglasses:

When I’m feeling playful, I just pivot to my Pi desktop and tell him to go ahead.

Yes please! Going to use the shit out if this. Another reason to read BB first thing every morning.
Thanks MF.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.