Somehow a little alligator was far cooler than this tiger

[Read the post]

2 Likes

I never cared for the whole alligator/tiger/whatever thing.
I did have a members only jacket in the late 80s that was a clearance sale item. The cool part was my then girlfriend at the time painted a dragon on the back of it. I kinda wish I still had it.

4 Likes

Nice. I am pretty sure @frauenfelder still wears his when he goes out street busking/breakdancing.

11 Likes

Mine wasn’t a clearance sale item. I paid full price and I loved it so hard. Members Only turned me cool.

2 Likes

I went from being too poor to have any options to being a goth/new-wave kid who only wore white dress shirts, untucked, and black pants, and $4 “kung-fu” shoes. I did have a bad ass leather jacket with a big PIL logo airbrushed on the back.

But we did have kids at my school who apparently owned so many Izod shirts they needed to wear more than one at a time. I shit you not, this was a thing. Same people who owned and wore ten SWATCH watches.

3 Likes

I had one of these:

In case you can’t tell, it’s a dead alligator. I couldn’t afford a live one.

6 Likes

My favorite funny one was two alligators… It’s a Fucking Alligator Shirt.
Sadly I can’t find a picutre.

5 Likes

There was some horrible polo knockoff called something like Excalibur?? with the polo horse but a knight, i think.

1 Like

Those knockoffs were widely available for pennies on the dollar overseas when I was a kid, back in the ole’ century. Oh, my days as a sailor do come back to haunt me.

I knew what the music was going to be before I clicked the vid. really catchy, could have been a pop single of the day. never wore “sports shirts”/polos, tho.

of course, the name belongs to Kathleen Hannah et. al. now

1 Like

I was a B.U.M. kinda guy in the 80s. With my Reebok High-tops and neon headband, of course. This kinda wannabe prep wasn’t my thing.

1 Like

That cool soundtrack was what really drew the kids in.

2 Likes

O.G. GARANIMALS fo’ life!

4 Likes

Exactly. Match the animals and you have a matching outfit. Why can’t adult clothing work that way?

3 Likes

Suits.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.