Someone donated sixty ounces of marijuana to Goodwill

I see what you did there…:wink:

You seem a little… paranoid @davide405 :wink:

3 Likes

Somebody dropped off the wrong garbage bag! Stoners

2 Likes

I know…red tape, legal issues and all, but goddammit! Proceeds would have fed a lot of hungry people.

And I don’t mean the people who might smoke it. :smirk:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Umm, that was 80 ounces when I dropped it off. I predict a sharp uptick in pizza deliveries to the Goodwill break room.

6 Likes

How does one get in on this yearly burn…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Why is it brown? Maybe this is from that government lab that calls lawn clipping marijuana.

2 Likes

Zoinks! That’s like eleventy kilos! At a buck three eighty a pinch… lemme see… whatever… it’s like a mazillion dollars!

I too came into the possession of some trees by chance exactly two times. I remember both times fondly. Those were two very good days indeed.

2 Likes

Yes they do, but they still had to report the 120 60 grams to the police.

3 Likes

60 grams? Why would you report 30 grams to the police?

In the vein of one of my favorite jokes.

A kid asks his dad for forty dollars.
The father replies, “twenty dollars!? What do you need ten dollars for!?”

6 Likes

I just hope the Salvation Army finds a good use for my contribution.

5 Likes

Your “Car Wash” pic motivated me to go to the library to borrow the DVD. It was already checked out, go figure, so I reserved it. Looking forward to seeing it again after many many years!

1 Like

As an aside, my local Goodwill as well as ReStore have gotten very particular about what they’ll accept and what they won’t. I got a set of storage cabinets sent to me, and I only needed some of them, so I was going to donate the ones that I couldn’t use, but they wouldn’t take them because they weren’t assembled. So I said, you mean if I assembled them here in the driveway, then you’d take them? Well no, the guy said, because we only accept complete sets of cabinets. The time before that, I was reorganizing my kitchen cabinets, and I tried to donate some older pots and pans that I no longer needed. They wouldn’t take them either, because they were a little bit dusty. I’m to the point where I would rather just throw the stuff away than lugging it to them just to be turned away.

Apparently beggars can be choosers.

1 Like

The administrators executives running Goodwill have quite the racket going.

I donate unwanted items to community thrift stores that are extensions of local nonprofits that do not choose to pay “compensation packages” in excess of $750,000.

7 Likes

Absolutely, I prefer our local Council for the Blind, but the DAV is my second choice.

I do not donate to salvation army, because of discrimination. They helped our family when we were desperate, but if dad had been a second mom, would we not have gotten those coats?

5 Likes

Contents may have settled a few ounces during shipping.

1 Like

So, Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity are beggars? I will remove my self from your lawn, forthwith.