Someone made a live album remix that takes the music out of concerts

Originally published at: Someone made a live album remix that takes the music out of concerts | Boing Boing

1 Like
1 Like

Bob Pollard from Guided by Voices released an album of stage banter called “Relaxation of the Asshole”. Funny in theory, but it gets tiresome pretty quickly.

1 Like

I saw Aimee Mann and Michael Penn in concert and David Cross opened for them. They also brought him out to introduce the next song several times during the show…he just made stuff up and it was hilarious.

1 Like

“Now listen!”

3 Likes

deep real. or really deep?

1 Like

@thomdunn
In a strange way I wasn’t disappointed when I discovered that the audience sound in Elton Johns ‘Benny and the Jets’ was lifted from a Jimi Hendrix concert to give the studio production a ‘live’ feel. The live excitement was what sold the song for me as a kid… no harm no foul.

Having worked for Kiss behind the scenes on a show I’m always respectful of Paul Stanley’s candor with his audience about his hearing problem… can they hear him? can he hear them?

Can they hear him???

They need to shout it out loud!

1 Like

Came for this.

The Paul Stanley “People, Let Me Get This Off My Chest” mix is legendary, I thought it would be funny to have his stage banter pop up in shuffle on my ipod, but it was mostly annoying.

1 Like

One of my favorite live albums is Thin Lizzy’s “Alive and Dangerous” … which it turns out was cobbled together from several different shows, with tons of overdubs added. As I understand it, there’s not even a record at this point of what’s “live” and what’s studio! But the band wanted something that captured their live intensity in a way that their albums couldn’t get manage … and it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.