Someone mashed-up Britney Spears, Rob Zombie, and the B-52s and it's great

Originally published at: Someone mashed-up Britney Spears, Rob Zombie, and the B-52s and it's great | Boing Boing

7 Likes

That is good!

You really should give credit where it’s due tho, by using Nick Harrison’s name in the post title, instead of “Someone”?

11 Likes

I believe the original mashup is by DJ Cummerbund.
https://mobile.twitter.com/dj_cummerbund?lang=en

6 Likes

Hm, tastes like…

!!!

3 Likes

I love oddball mashups like this.

2 Likes

I’ll be totally honest: for whatever reason, “someone” tends to perform better as a headline than a name that’s not already a household name.

But otherwise, you are right. I try to balance it by including the credits in the article. I’m willing to change my mind on that practice though.

11 Likes

I’m a fan of this B-52ish cover of Jim Caroll’s “People Who Died” by the band Boink

4 Likes

Compromise position: “Someone named Nick Harrison…”.

2 Likes

Yeah, the TikToker even highlights the source. It’s weird that the TikToker is getting the credit for the mashup, and it’s almost like his staging/framing of his reaction videos is meant to cause that confusion.

quality

I like the song… and the cover is decent. I just feel like this is a song that shouldn’t be covered. I mean it’s specifically personal to the writer. It’s just feels weird to me to hear it from people who I imagine didn’t know any of these folks…

Well you do have a point. I’ll just note that at the end, they changed the lyric to “They were all Jim’s friends. And they died.” As to why they edited out Tony, I have no idea.

1 Like

That’s a fair criticism. Although Against Me! covered it for a compilation a while back, and I think they did a great job — but maybe that’s because I know that Laura Jane Grace has seen some real tragedy, even if it wasn’t these specific people.

2 Likes

WTF! WHERE’S THE REST?!?!

This is a complete sentence.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but you’ve broken any number of international laws by not posting a full-length version of this. Rectify the situation immediately.

2 Likes

That’s not the same mix as it doesn’t feature Dragula, only Toxic and Love Shack.

1 Like
4 Likes

I can’t think of a song more deserving of this excellent cover.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.